Notices

Just Saying.....

Old 07-26-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Just Saying.....

Here it is the 7th day sober fading into night. I've finally started eating well and sleeping well since the 5th day. I need to never forget how particularly terrible this withdrawal was, it topped any other I've been through for it's intensity and dang it I've been through a few. In the depths of the third night I would have likely had a drink if there had been any in the house to kill the pain. Note to others: never attempt an alcohol withdrawal with any booze in the hyouse!! Thank God I was too much of a mess to even think about getting in the truck and going out for some. I've gone through this solo, with the exception of my pal, my doggie Sophie, as my wife has been away for 6 weeks attending to her ill mother. Note to others: Best to not attempt this alone!!!!!!!!!
Of course y'all here have been a huge help and inspiration to me throughout this, thank all who have replied to my posts.
Anyway, there were a few others here who had started sobriety at the same time as I. I hope all are well and hanging in there.

Enough maudlinism..........I'm gonna pat myself on the back again and turn in for the night.

Have a great evening everyone.

Scott
Old 07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Way to go. You're an inspiration...
Old 07-26-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, you really picked a time to have a go at it didn't you. But dang, you've done an awesome job!! BIG PAT on your back from me...I'll be happy when I can hit 7 days, at the end of 2 right now going on 3....
Old 07-26-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great! Remember how painful that was and keep that in mind to remind yourself why you don't want to go back there.

Hang in there and sleep well!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

You never have to go through that ever again. Withdrawals are painful, scary, frustrating and just plain nasty. The insane thing about it is, I would go through them then turn around and start the cycle over again. My last bout, and I mean my last, I threw up for 5 days straight. Ughhh! If we learn the right tools and make the right choices our last binge will indeed be our binge.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am going to pat you on the back too.

goodnight
Old 07-26-2006, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

CONGRATULATIONS on achieving seven days of sobriety! Hang in there, don't drink no matter what, let the body and mind recover.

I suggest AA.

I've been sober over 17 1/2 years. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Allright!!