Back Asswards!!

Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Asswards!!

That's how I feel right now regarding my own issues and recovery. I have gone about this all wrong but feel I've come to a good place, just in a round about way. I am learning things about myself everyday. Some I like......some I really don't. I know I have a long way to go.
He was at the house last night, asking me to give us one final chance (just one more) I can't tell you how many times I've heard that. We were civil for the most part, I have been angry the last few days and being mean. I don't want to be her. I tried to get him to see that things have gone too far. I don't feel about him the way I used to. In fact I find myself wondering if I am confusing sympathy for love (very possible I think).
I know I was wasting my time trying to get him to see why we shouldn't be together.
I'm trudging on though, I didn't give in. I didn't give him an answer either way. I reached my point, I had enough and told him I was done talking. I needed some space. He respected that and left me alone. But I know today he will be there when I get home. On and on, blah, blah, blah. LOL That's what I feel like saying to his face.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

That's what I feel like saying to his face.
Well, why not?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

MarriedIthink,

Don't forget you have the right to ask for that space - to ask for a couple of days or weeks without talking about "us" There is nothing wrong with your feelings - Feelings are neither good or bad - right or wrong - just feelings - sometimes are reactions to those feelings can be a little dangerous if we don't give ourselves the proper time to process those feelings.

If you think you need the time - the take it - You deserve the time to process your emotions - hate to be blunt, but the A's sure took whatever time they want to drink, use or do whatever they wanted to do - so take whatever time you need to do what you need to do to take care of you.
You deserve it.

Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing afternoon,
Rita
Old 07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sarah, exactly what I was thinking.

When my son is whining and I can't take it anymore, I whine right back at him and he stops. When my daughter is talking, talking, talking, talking and can't seem to stop and I can't take it anymore, I make chicken noises. It stops. I really don't know what that has to do with anything, but it crossed my mind.

Perhaps the husbands words sounds like this "On and on, blah, blah, blah" to married to it! It does sound like nonsense after awhile.

Marriedtoit ....you're doing fine. Cut yourself some slack, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Yes, do cut yourself some slack!

I used to tell my ex, "I can see your mouth moving, but all Im hearing is blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

I know I was wasting my time trying to get him to see why we shouldn't be together.
BTW, there is not a prerequisite to separation/space that states he must like it or understand it.

Geesh, if that were the case, I would still be with my ex.!!