Notices

New here....friends with Dom...

Old 07-25-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here....friends with Dom...

I want to thank all of you who have helped Dom over the past few week or so... He is now 10 days sober and this is 2 days for me. I kind of got him into drugs and feel real bad about it all. It nice to know that there are people out there that care to help.

So Dom told me about this site this morning and I have been reading posts for a few hours now. I am in a similiar boat with Dom, and want to stop also. Being my second day sober, I realize now that I was actually addicted. I have been doing drugs for years now, heroin for about 2-3 months, and never felt withdrawels like this. Luckily I see it now and a good friend of mine went through this 8-9months ago, so he gave me some meds from his Doc, from when he was having withdrawels.

I must say that talking to Dom made me realize alot of things, mostly things that you guys told him. I guess I will be here on the forums for a while until I am completely over the cravings, if it ever stops.

Thanks again!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiyas Matt and welcome to SR!!! You have an awesome friend in Dom!!!! Glad your here!!! Post and read away, this place is great!!!! Withdrawls do suck but they will get better! Just stay strong, you can beat them!
Liss
Old 07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Matt this is amazing! I'm very happy for you, this will only strengthen our friendship. Life is going to be so good from now on. Keep on reading and keep on posting, it helps so much! I know that just from YOU posting, it will also change Ken's life (and many other people we don't know too).
Old 07-25-2006, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

spoke to Ken....

He agreed to go to an NA meeting....also spoke to Jared who went a while ago, and said he would go back because it has been a while. Let me know when it is. Thx.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Matt,

Support in sobriety is very important and you and Dom will be able to offer each other a lot.

This is a great place to visit and I am glad you made the decision to join us.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Just wanted you to know that I can't stop smiling. Kate is very happy for you bud. I know your hurting right now, but look at how I feel... life is better sober!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We Do Recover. Never Alone Never Again est. 1953
http://soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-anonymous/
Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Matt I found a website for NA meetings in our area. Bob will be busy with work Thursday night (the 27th), but let's go anyway. Thursday would be best for me because I have therapy tomorrow night with my parents (coming clean to my Dad then). It's at a Church in Hicksville at 8pm. Meet you at your place at 7:30? Don't be scared but I'm going to give you a hug when I see you. If friends want to meet us at your place, that's cool, if not, we're still going.

Last edited by Anna; 07-25-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
one of many

Man I love threads like this. Talk about one addict helping another. Way to go guys.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

qMatt....
Welcome to SR....
Happy to welcome you to our family....stay onboard....us moms of addicts love to see people getting clean and sober....it gives us hope for our loved ones....
Old 07-25-2006, 05:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Matt - Welcome!!! This is so awesome and I am thrilled for you. The next day or 2 may feel kinda s*cky it terms of the cold turkey. Just think of it as if you have the flu and keep posting and reading! It's just a couple of days and with each day you will feel better and better, promise!
I can't begin to tell you how much hope you and Dom and all the newcomers here give. WE can do it and just know that there are many, many WE's, cheering you on, walking beside you and so proud you decided to do this for YOU!
Much love, prayers and lots of hugs - Hugs have been my life line over the last dozen days and cyber hugs work well too!!! -Anne Marie
Old 07-25-2006, 05:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome to SR Matt. We're very happy to have you here.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Matt!!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

its great that you and dom are doing this together, i admire you for being able to admit and want a change. things can only get better, even if they seem worse, they are ultimately for the better in the long run and necessary for recovery.

now if i just had a friend like dom and you, i just dont feel comfortable, i feel alone here, and im even scared to tell my friends i want to free myself for the fear that they would think i will spill the beans to others who dont know when i go to admit it. and i dont want them to distrust me, even though they should try to stop too, im not out to create a disturbance and make them feel like im a father watching them.

anyway, i ramble a lot, to say it again though, great job, your a lucky guy to have a friend like that

Noah
Old 07-28-2006, 01:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Noah!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Morning Glory
Welcome to SR Noah!
hehe thanks, didnt want to hijack the thread though, just sharing my thoughts with the OP and all of you, ive actually enjoyed reading alot of this stuff, i thought it would make me sad, or more rebelious and try to be like the person that laughs at those trying to recover because i feel i can just drop it when i want and dont need a change yet.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

Originally Posted by OHNameless86
its great that you and dom are doing this together, i admire you for being able to admit and want a change. things can only get better, even if they seem worse, they are ultimately for the better in the long run and necessary for recovery.

now if i just had a friend like dom and you, i just dont feel comfortable, i feel alone here, and im even scared to tell my friends i want to free myself for the fear that they would think i will spill the beans to others who dont know when i go to admit it. and i dont want them to distrust me, even though they should try to stop too, im not out to create a disturbance and make them feel like im a father watching them.

anyway, i ramble a lot, to say it again though, great job, your a lucky guy to have a friend like that

Noah
Hey Noah, your not alone man. By posting here your talking to your friends too. Your not creating a disturbance, your helping yourself in a HUGE way. If you feel you need to go to a meeting, by all means get on google and find a meeting in your area. Took me about 2 minutes to find 10 meetings in my area, anytime of day, everyday.

You can't control your friends, and you can't help them if they don't want to be helped. They won't distrust you, if they can truely put themselves in your shoes, they'll respect you even more.

Good luck to you, and PLEASE feel free to PM me anytime. The past 2 weeks have been such a learning experience for me. And I even saw one of my buddies today and it wasn't a problem at all. It was GREAT.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

And Matt! I wish you would post more to show everyone your progress. Hope your doing good, I'm gonna call you tomorrow.

((((((((((((((((((((((Matt))))))))))))))))))))))) (hehe, had to do it)
Old 08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

doing alright...

it's been almost 2 weeks now with nothing. Feeling pretty good. I still think about getting messed up, but i don't think that will ever go away. The NA meeting was a good experience. Alot of people out there with similiar stories. It was interesting to hear what others had to say.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Can't Stop Grinning !!!!

Wow !! I'm reading thru the Dom & Matt & Noah story and I can't stop grinning...The enthusiasm and recognition of the possibilies that Recovery is an Option is just jumping off the screen !!!!

You guys are at the beginning of a Wonderful Journey !!

Keep posting on SR and let us share it with you !!

Thank you for sharing it so far !!!

Janni