Somewhere Over the Rainbow............

Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Somewhere Over the Rainbow............

A friend suggested that we start a GLBT thread here.....so here it is! Is there anybody 'out' there?

GG
Old 07-19-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

What is GLBT???
I *may* be "out there" if I knew where it was,

Shalom!
Old 07-19-2006, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Way out there

I am one of those that is WAY out there... When i walk in a room i feel the rush of air as everyone turns to look. What can you do? Thats just me...
Old 07-19-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach
What is GLBT???
I *may* be "out there" if I knew where it was,

Shalom!
GLBT=Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, and Transgender
Old 07-19-2006, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm "out" here......

How's everyone doing?
Old 07-20-2006, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

hey guys
i am Laura,alkie--im not gay but have wanted to understand this more--i grew up christian--church saying you know gay is a sin--"homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God" etc--course i just went with that--well as ive gotten older--im 32--ive thought well so many gay people say theyve always felt this way since even maybe when they were young and i started thinking ,i dont think its possible that this is all some kind of conspiracy--i dont think all of you are saying--hey lets tell them we are born this way--so that being the case, i guess it couldnt be a sin--but i have cosidered --have you ever considered this is like a faulty gene?obviously this is not what nature intended--some kind of harmonal or chromasomal thing?--that is what it appears more and more to me and if thats so would you want to get help for that--if it were possible--like there may be an alkie gene but we dont go with it --we fight to stay sober--thi is NOt to bag on you guys--Please dont make this some kind of arguement--i want to get ideas of what you guys think--i dont know anyone gay to ask-at least i dont know if i know anyone gay--lol--take care all
Laura
Old 07-20-2006, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My thoughts are God loves all His children, and God doesn't make mistakes. He sure didn't make one when He made my nephew.

Just my thoughts for what they're worth.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Originally Posted by rose petals
--have you ever considered this is like a faulty gene?obviously this is not what nature intended--some kind of harmonal or chromasomal thing?--that is what it appears more and more to me and if thats so would you want to get help for that--
Hi Rose

Does it really matter if it's genetic to be the way I am?

I haven't got a disease, and even if I did, I wouldn't want to be cured of the love I have for my partner.

Love never hurt anyone; fear and hate on the other hand...

Oh, and hello! I'm out here too

J
xxx
Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How can a gene be unnatural?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Binge poster

LOL very good

J
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gay by association only but damn proud of it!!

Seriously my lifelong best friend is gay and her and her partner have done so much for us - they are true friends and always will be and have a beautiful relationship.

I find it so hard to know there are people in the world who think they are doing something wrong - I want to drag them into reality by the scruff of the neck!! Then I remember that's not the best way (sometimes).

I think this place is a natural home for a glbt!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Way out there

I have known since i was very young. My dad says he has known since the first time i walked... lol....

As far as the getting help if it were available... I would not. It can be a difficult being a lesbian, but i wouldnt change it, its who i am. I understand rose petals where your coming from on the fighting to stay sober, but i REALLY dont want to fight to stay straight.... Would you want to fight to be a lesbian? Its natural to me...

Just my $.02...

Melissa
Old 07-20-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

obviously this is not what nature intended
How do we know? The fact that 450 vertebrate species practice homosexuality...and not just when female are absent...tells me we're not so abnormal after all.

Last edited by Anna; 07-20-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
To Life!

Rose, I'm glad that you were comfortable enough to ask these questions;
And I'm even more glad that we can discuss this on an intellectual level, learning from each other, rather than creating chaos.
SR is a wonderful place to be.
And I'm happy to be here with all of you!

Thanks for answering my question, GG!

And yea, I DO think secular connections is exactly the place for this discussion!

Shalom!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No more hostages

I am not somewhere over a rainbow, but I do sit somewhere on the fence....does that count???????
Old 07-20-2006, 07:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Way out there

you know what i call a fence sitter???

.....Greedy......

just joking...
Old 07-20-2006, 07:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
No more hostages

Well, I am an addict....selfish and self-centered!!!!! hehe
Old 07-20-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Laura,

I've only just gone back and read your post properly. I've got something to add. If Steph wasn't gay her partner Rhona wouldn't have been in my life and that thought to me is awful. Rhona and D are like best buddies and the four of us belong together as friends and (in our seperate pairs!!) lovers.

When we were growing up there were times to my shame I wished Steph was straight - I wanted to go out on the pull with my best mate, I wanted to chase lads together and not have to think about this extra thing. More than anything I wanted no 'you don't understand' between us. But there's lots we don't understand about each other and learning those things is what makes a friendship rich.

I don't want a world without their love which is equal in every way to me and D. I don't want an existance where Steph was straight because nothing could be better than what is. Love between people is so precious it should be celebrated, is beautiful to live with and just as beautiful to observe.

Does that sort of make sense? I would cry my heart out if some random event made Steph fight not to be with who she loves and who loves her.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

My first OCD obsession was that I was gay, but I didn't know I had OCD. I came to realized later that I do have some bisexual tendencies. I now believe that sexuality is more of a continuum, on which I fall pretty far to the hetero side, but not quite all the way. However, I still don't think I've fully accepted this fact. I do know that I tried very hard to drink and drug it away.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I havent had the gay one yet. More the violent types. I can remember for a whole year, nearly 12 hours a day, trying to work out whether I was a seriel killer or not - and I have never harmed a fly in my life.

OCD, when its bad, to me is a living hell. Simply put. I was so depressed around my eyes where black and my face was white. Hell.