Notices

i give up........

Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i give up........

that pretty much sums it up, i'm tired, i don't wanna do this anymore.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by igfan
that pretty much sums it up, i'm tired, i don't wanna do this anymore.
((((((Cheryl))))))

I don't believe that! I refuse to believe that! I know that anyone here can do this deal if a junkie like me can do it anyone can do it. Please give yourself a break. What is going on right now with you? Please talk to us we are here for you.

Love Vic
Old 07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't give up!! We're here for you, come talk to us!! You can do this. There are some rough days but hang in there!! Stay strong!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You don't want to do what anymore? Give up on sobriety? What did being an alcoholic give you (I believe that is what your drug of choice was)? What is happening right now if your life that won't be different tomorrow, even a few days? You owe it to yourself to at least give yourself that time. Come talk, PM someone, do anything, but DO NOT give up!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What??!!
I feel pretty much the same way today, but I keep thinking just like PP said. What could be so bad today that won't be better in a few hours or a few days? And most importantly, what could be so bad that ALCOHOL would solve it???

I feel like crap right now, but alcohol will only make me hotter and make my headache worse, so I'm not drinking. Tell us what's bugging you and maybe getting it out of your head will help.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((igfan)) -- don't give up the wrong thing!! Surrender yourself to the fact that you are powerless over the alcohol/drugs and quit fighting it. You can find relief and comfort in that!!!!

Never give up on yourself. We won't!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

I get tired, too. Then, I take a nap.

When I get up again (and I always do), I put one foot in front of the other and continue moving forward.

Recovery can be tiresome work, but the rewards are sooooooooooooo worth the efforts...

Here's a rejuvenating hug:

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((igfan))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((CHERYL))))

I know how hard this is.....I too am tired of fighting and wanna throw in the towel, but you just can't
you deserve better than a life of using or drinking
you cannot give up on yourself.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Just remember -- Drinking is great for you........Except, of course, for the blackouts, hangovers, fights, getting kicked out of bars, drunken phone calls, hurting loved ones, lying, hiding the bottles, missing work and throwing up. Other than that, it was great.

Stay strong. You can do it.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Please don't give up! You have helped too many others to just give up like this. What has happened or what is going on that is so terrible that you feel the need to quit? Talk to us, let us help you get through this!!!! I am here if you need me!!!

GP
Old 07-19-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

[[[******(((CHERYL)))}}}]]] ! ! !

In two hours you got nine posts to this thread. How amazing! How heartwarming!

Sounds like you're on your knees. We've all been there. Sobriety is simple but it's not easy. Rest if you must, but DON'T YOU QUIT! While you're on your knees, talk to God. Pray. Pray for strength to stay sober. Thank God for the sobriety you have. I'll do the same.

Remember, WE'RE pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My cousin gave up too and he is no longer with us. Don't give up. Too many people love and care about you. Give it a day or two...but don't give up.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

IG! Don't quit recovery! You're one of my best inspirations! I know I haven't been around too much (well I've been reading, just not posting so much) but I'm still here and I still care! You've come so far, don't turn back! I am just starting out here and you inspire me. HANG IN THERE! I am so sorry I had to take my instant messanger off my computer at work, it was causing my computer to crash, but you can PM me here at SR and I'll be sure to respond! Nothing can be bad enough to totally give up sobriety and go back to the hell of addiction!

Love ya!

Jaz
Old 07-19-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Ig, dont give in honi, it is a struggle we know that. Your strong enough to get back up, as many times as it takes...!

Please sweetie DONT GIVE IN... you were missed...!

Thinking of ya...x
Old 07-19-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Paused

I'm guess what you mean is you give up on sobriety and are willing to succumb to your addiction. I honestly can say that drinking was one of the hardest regimens I ever chose to endure. Thats what it is, a choice. Sobriety is much easier then drinking was any day. I truly believe that. The benefits of sobriety are much better as well.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i'm still sober......for now. I've had a really bad couple of days and i'm tired. I went to the liquor store today (i drive by two every single day to and from work). I went in, baroused the isles looking for somthing, anything that peaked my interest but something i could hide and drink straight. Nothing appealed to me. So i went to the grocery store, bought a 6pk of N/A, some limes and a bottle of Boonesfarm. The Boonesfarm is in my car, waiting patiently for me decide what i want more. I want the pain to go away, that's what i want.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

Well a bottle of Boonesfarm isn't going to make the pain go away. I assure you that. It will only make things worse. Choose sobriety. Dump it out...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

2dayz is right.....no bottle is going to rid you of your problems, all it is going to do is make things worse. What happens when you get your next craving and its 10 times stronger than the first one because you fed it? You gotta put your head down and keep your feet moving....
Old 07-19-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jeez, if a bottle would make my problems go away I'd still be out there drinking/using along with most everyone else at SR. I can't let my past become my future AGAIN!

You know it won't help. It will only rob you of the one thing you are really doing that's GOOD for you and your future. You just can't get here from there with a bottle in your hands.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

This past weekend I was hit with a really severe bout of depression. It was so bad that I took Monday off from work, ("mental health" day). I was in real pain and anguish.

Usually when I felt that way, in the past, I'd go out to the pub, order a twelve pack (not all at once of course!) and pretend to be a "normal" person.

Sure, it felt good for a few hours, but the things that were causing the pain were only put on pause to collect interest, piling up more anguish when the buzz wore off. Like trying to pay off a credit card by borrowing more money at a higher rate.

This time, instead, I hunkered down and prayed and faced all the pain, letting it wash over and through me and LIVING THROUGH IT. And I survived it!

It wasn't easy, but I did it. I think we all have to some extent. And YOU CAN TOO!!!

Yeah it was painful, and its not entirely over yet, but it is possible to come out the other side, better and healthier than you were.

Its like going into surgery. You know its going to hurt, maybe even for a while, and no one likes pain. Pain HURTS... And it SUCKS... But once its over, the problem that brought you to the sugeon in the first place is over and done with and you don't have to face it EVER AGAIN.

Hunker down and let the feelings wash through you. They will go away! I know this probably sounds trite to you right now, but PRAY and LET them pass and they WILL go away and you WILL feel better afterwards!

If you start using again then you're only feeding the abyss, making it grow.

Try opening yourself up to the emotions, even wallow in them for a little while... maybe write down on a piece of paper all that your feeling... LET them PASS and they will! And you'll be stronger for it.

But please don't give up! We're here for you!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!