Reality TV Helped Me!

Old 07-18-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reality TV Helped Me!

I was staring at the TV last night watching Big Brother. I am obsessed by it, and me and my gf watch it every night like sad idiots. Anyway, let me set the scene.

One of the house mates was upset and depressed, jumpy, and all of that kind of thing. She missed her mum, and was feeling the pressure of being in a house with 12 other people without her space. A friend of hers said: 'when I am feeling down, or off beam,I do this...' and basically spent five minutes talking about routines that lifted his mood, took his mind of things, or stopped him from getting low. It was a bit like Dons '101 things to do...' thread. It was like watching CBT in natural action! Basically he was letting her know his coping mechanisims. I cant remember them all but he said things like: go and fold his clothes, make sure they are all nice and tidy, do a bit of light exercise, clean out his drawer, etc. And things like that. It was very insightful and I am going to try them out next time I am down!

Peace, 5.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

That's funny Five, but you're right. I avoid reality shows, probably because I know I'd get hooked on them. Do you watch a lot of American TV? I've been checkin' out some UK rappers. There's a bloke by the name of 'Sway' that I kind of like. I love the accent, although, I could use a dictionary of UK slang.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dont know him Door Knob. guy called The Streets though who I adore. a real poet, and I dont use that title lightly! If you want to know what life is like in England for a huge amount of young men, check him out. He is white and from birmingham!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by doorknob
I could use a dictionary of UK slang.
Allow me....

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/index.htm
Old 07-19-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alright me old fruit, I just feel down the apple and stairs and got my hair do caught up my....

...gibberish.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Five, I've never watched Big Brother, but last weekend I was visiting folks a couple thousand miles from me. Two of the ladies at my meeting had to leave early to go home and watch... get this... the LIVE FEED from the show.

They were watching people sleep!! And PAYING FOR IT!!

I was flabbergasted.

One gal was about my age (50) and the other was her mom - about 70 or so.

Egad, is it really that good? I, like DK, am a bit afraid of getting hooked on any more TV programs... it sucks me in too often as it is.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do like it. I am ashamed to admit it. I can have, whilst I am watching, heavy weight russian literature resting on my knee - which I should be reading. Instead, I'll be transfixed to the 'house' - watching girls snog, men pick there noses, and gossip everywhere.

ITs voyaristic or however you spell it.