Notices

Urgent Need Info Now Please Please

Old 07-08-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Urgent Need Info Now Please Please

i have called various hotlines, the hospital and every place i can think of- and they only thing they have been able to tell me is that i need to be admitted for detox and for various emotional/ mental issues

please DO NOT agree with them as at this time, this is TRULY not an option and i cannot waste any more time argueing about it

for various reasons i can explain later, over the course of about 4 weeks i have gradually been taking more and more of a prescribed medication- a benzo, a weak one, its just klonpin.

i have been having quite a few problems with the dose that i have been on for about a week (24 or more mgs per day, spread out over 24hrs as i am having extreme difficulty sleeping)

i do have other psychiatric problems but my most impotant issue right now is this:

I WANT TO STOP THIS MEDICATION, THE KLONOPN, COLD TURKEY. I DO HAVE AN ANTI SEIZURE MEDICATION THAT I TAKE FOR BIPOLAR DISORDER, NOT FOR A SEIZURE DISORDER SO I AM NOT CONCERNED ABOUT SEIZURES

however this is the first time in my entire life (and i am 50) THAT ANY think like this has happend- i do nto ever drink

i need a very honest person to tell me if htey have been able to stop cold turkey at this dose,, and if htere is anything i need to know, or prepare for, druing withdraywal

please remember that it took about 4 weeks to work up to this dose, i began the first week at 8 per day or slightly more, and gradully addded more

i generally take 24 per day now, which has onlyh been for the past week i hting, occaonaly i will take a few of the peices i ahve that i broke off a fulll tablet because believe it or not i had been very reluctinat to take too much!!!!

i have has this prescription for at least 8 yrs and have nver misuseed it before

PLEASS PELASE HELP ME
THE HOTLINES TRYIED TO TRACE MY CALL SO THEY CUOLD SEND SOMEON OUT TO COMMIT ME TO THE HOSPITAL

PLEASE, CAN YOU HELP ME??????
Old 07-08-2006, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry , unfortunately I have no experience with stuff like this and as I am not a nurse or DR, you may want to get to one. I know that isnt what you want to hear, but if you want help, you might consider it.
Star
Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

My name is Vic and I am an addict, I am not a doctor although I have been called a doctor before . I can here the desperation in you, however the desperation won't do any good without your action. I am not familiar with benzo or stuff like that, I know a guy named emmer here who has gotten off of them I think> You could look through his treads and see if there is anything there that could help you. I don't have a clue, I am a meth and crack addict, yes the withdrawls suck but I know it can be done. I might also be bypolar or atleast nuts so give yourself a break it looks to me like the anxiety is kicking in right now. I responded as quick as I could

Love Vic
Old 07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I have very limited knowledge of benzos, but I would not quit cold turkey without your dr's approval.

Sorry, that's the best advice I can give you.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by 51anna
Hi,

I have very limited knowledge of benzos, but I would not quit cold turkey without your dr's approval.

Sorry, that's the best advice I can give you.
Hey Anna we both posted at the same time must be a bond or something there.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're not looking for information, you're looking for confirmation to do what you want to do. Your own best thinking might not be in your own best interest right now. I hope you allow your help to take you to the hospital without a fight. Then come back here after things have settled down and you're stable and able to listen like you want to.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

I can not tell you what you want to hear. Obviously there is more to the story than what you have told us. I would be careful, very careful. I hope you get the help you need and not attempt to do this alone.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am prescribed 1mg kolonopin x2 daily along with other meds to treat anxiety and panic disorders that can sometimes throw me into seizures.... That being said, I just did a quick search on dosages etc. The average dosage is 1-3 mg PER 24 HOUR period. You are taking 24mg per 24 hours?! At 1-3 mg per day, it is reccommended that a patient taper off slowly. Again...........24!!!! I am NOT a medical professional (although some have called me nursey Vic LOL)
But from personal knowledge, and what I have read, the reason they tried to trace your number to come and get you is to HELP you, you are not only addicted, you are MAJOR OVERDOSING!!!! I also take Keppra 2000 mg per day for seizures.......I dont know that I would trust this to "help" me to stop cold turkey. Sorry, I know you dont want to hear this but Im just stating the facts, no arguements from me here but you SERIOUSLY need to go to the ER or a Doctor and seek professional help and you need to do it NOW!!!
Liss
Old 07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I definitely wouldn't try to quit on your own. Especially not cold turkey. Klonopin is powerful stuff. I am in a treatment program right now (partial hospitalization for 5 weeks) for alcoholics (me) and addicts. All of the addicts went thru detox at the hospital before entering the program and said they wouldn't have even attempted to do it on their own. Please reconsider going to a hosptial for detox and then getting into a treatment program asap.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go to the hospital and see a doctor and follow his or her advice. Each person is unique. There is no way we can advise you medically.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

[albedarned]. Great big hug.

Almighty God, I come to you to meekly pray for Albedarned. Wherever he/she is, whatever state of mind he's in, I pray that You motivate him now. Help him see that nothing is more important than his health. Help him see that if he doesn't take care of himself properly today, he'll lose everything, possibly even Your most precious gift, life itself. Help him accept the help he needs.

Amen.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aloneagainor
You're not looking for information, you're looking for confirmation to do what you want to do. Your own best thinking might not be in your own best interest right now. I hope you allow your help to take you to the hospital without a fight. Then come back here after things have settled down and you're stable and able to listen like you want to.

Yup.....dead on.

This seems like a textbook case of "opinion-shopping". I mean....("please DO NOT agree with them as at this time, this is TRULY not an option and i cannot waste any more time argueing about it") .......come on, you are telling us what to and what not to agree with. The very well-being of your life trumps any reason or excuse you could come up with. Not a job, not a relationship, not having nobody to watch your dog or cat. Not an upcoming vacation you dont want to miss. Nothing. Ya know why? Cuz you may not be around FOR any of that stuff if you dont handle this now. The right way. Not getting your hands on drugs, to get off drugs. Or trying to ween off the booze or whatever scheme you are trying to come up with. Be honest with yourself and Im certain you will see it this way. By the way,...wanna know why the doctors are telling you to get to the hospital?? Because, somebody gave them a doctorate degree along the way. It means they know what they are talking about. Why on earth you would take somebodies advice on a website over a doctors is beyond me.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by albedarned2
PLEASS PELASE HELP ME
THE HOTLINES TRYIED TO TRACE MY CALL SO THEY CUOLD SEND SOMEON OUT TO COMMIT ME TO THE HOSPITAL

PLEASE, CAN YOU HELP ME??????
Is there someone near you that you can call to at least be by your side?
At this point in time it sounds like paranoia is setting in and it's not a good time to be alone. Good luck and God Bless
Old 07-09-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sweetheart... I have walked your path and you are wasting time batting it back and forth.

I beat a 10 mil a day benzo habit before starting to work on my pain pill addiction... after about a day you will be dragging and clawing your way to help. Your way to the Dr... Your way to making the spiders stop crawling on you and the walls bleeding.

That is the wonderful world of benzo withdrawal. Although I was at a higher dose, benzos are benzos and the nastiest drug to get off of. To think you can function at my dosage and withdraw would be ignorant. Of course that wasnt an option. So I worked the Ashton Manual, which I highly recommend.

Depending on your body, it could be as bad as mine or just dizzy and funcky with a few seizures thrown in you arent aware of until beeing told. BUT REGARDLESS, YOU NEVER cold turkey benzos unless you really dislike yourself and want to ride the 'acid trip train' for a few months.

Pain pills HA! A Joke... c/t and keep kicking. Benzos can and do kill people that cold turkey. YOU MUST TAPER and if you do this, no reason to be hospitalized... unless you arent following Drs orders or your problems mentally are more severe than we know. They dont lock you up to get you clean, they taper you.

IT IS SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Reach out to warn you not to do it. You may not live to tell about it. YOU GO WACKO! I would say 'I dont want to scare you' but thats ********, you need to be scared and YOU NEED TO TAPER. Cold turkey will send you into a tail-spin thats avoidable... just by tapering.

I say this out of love and experinece. Cant lay around at home a puke this one away... doesnt work like that. Im sorry.

This is serious shiat. Lets keep you at 'Illbedarned' rather than Illbedamned because hunny... you have no idea the mess you are in.

BENZOS SUCK but thank god for them, for those that need them and use them correctly.