What's your World View?

Old 07-06-2006, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thumbs up What's your World View?

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320

You scored as Idealist.

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Idealist 81%
Cultural Creative 75%
Existentialist 63%
Postmodernist 56%
Materialist 44%
Romanticist 31%
Modernist 25%
Fundamentalist 19%

Hmmm...well, I never heard of "cultural Creative, LOL!
And it's been a very long time since anyone has accused me of being an idealist! Conversely, no one's ever called me a fundamentalist before!

Shalom!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Who would have guessed? *LOL*

I use this word as a social lable...Not the same as the relgions that are called Fundamentalist.

You scored as Fundamentalist.

Fundamentalism represents a movement in opposition to Modernism, stressing the highest importance on foundational religious tradition. Science has brought on corruption of society. God is real and is watching. Scripture leaves little room for interpretation; man is God?s creation. About a quarter of the population in the U.S. is classified as Fundamentalist.

Fundamentalist

75%
Cultural Creative

69%
Romanticist

63%
Idealist

25%
Postmodernist

25%
Existentialist

13%
Materialist

6%
Modernist

0%
Old 07-06-2006, 02:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks HT, I love these sort of things - and I think I needed a little cheering up today!

You scored as Postmodernist.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist
75%

Cultural Creative
69%

Existentialist
56%

Idealist
56%

Materialist
50%

Modernist
38%

Romanticist
25%

Fundamentalist
13%

Sh!t, post-modernists don't do "cheered up". Oh well, could've been worse, I could've been an existentialist.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Binge poster

You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 88%
Existentialist 75%
Postmodernist 75%
Idealist 56%
Modernist 44%
Materialist 44%
Romanticist 31%
Fundamentalist 6%

Em, who'd have guessed it.

Ps actually, slightly thrown by that I went off and found this one:
http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907

You scored as Paganism

Your beliefs are most closely aligned with those of paganism, Wicca, or a similar earth-based religion. You may also follow a Native American religion.

Paganism 92%
Atheism 83%
Agnosticism 79%
Judaism 67%
Satanism 50% (?!)
Islam 33%
Christianity 29%
Buddhism 17%
Hinduism 13%
Old 07-06-2006, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks, Bahookie;
I'm going to put that one over in the cafe, unless you want to start a new one here....I got an interesting scoring on this one! LOL!

Glad I got to find out what a cultural creationist is!

Paul:
Sh!t, post-modernists don't do "cheered up". Oh well, could've been worse, I could've been an existentialist.
Best,
I use this word as a social lable...Not the same as the relgions that are called Fundamentalist.
Shalom!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
alconaut

Oh my..... I guess I'm a neurotic paranoid freak after all. I'm just not smart enough to have manipulated the outcome of this one. Lol. Thanks Teach. I'll check out the rest of the quizzes sometime as well.

You scored as existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capbility. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

88% Existentialist

63% Postmodernist

63% Romanticist

56% Cultural Creative

56% Idealist

50% Modernist

38% Materialist

38% Fundamentalist
Old 07-06-2006, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by paulmh
Yeah, you're right Paul. I am grateful that I scored Postmodernist as a close 2nd. I'm not totally hopeless.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Idealist

88%
Cultural Creative

88%
Existentialist

69%
Materialist

63%
Modernist

56%
Romanticist

56%
Postmodernist

56%
Fundamentalist

31%
Old 07-06-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Life!

Blake,
You've got a tied score between idealist and cultural creationist. I wondeer why it says cultural creationist for your outcome?

Shalom!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

i don't know....it had me gussing about that too, especially since idealist was listed first.....I had a tie breaker question pop up...maybe I answered toward the cultural creative.....???
Old 07-06-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well I'm an idealist!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To Life!

Indie;
Great minds think alike,

Shalom!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
doing nothing

These quizzes are a joke, bunk science, but mildly amusing.
The questions are leading, and there is no N/A nor can you leave any blank.

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist 94%
Existentialist 88%
Modernist 75%
Cultural Creative 63%
Idealist 56%
Fundamentalist 50%
Postmodernist 44%
Romanticist 25%

You are... an atheist, though you probably already knew this. Also, you probably have several people praying daily for your soul. Instead of simply being "nonreligious," atheists strongly believe in the lack of existence of a higher being, or God.

atheism 96%
Satanism 83%
Buddhism 50%
Paganism 50%
Islam 42%
agnosticism 38%
Judaism 33%
Christianity 17%
Hinduism 0%
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm an Idealist too, but can't seem to cut and paste the results, LOL
Old 07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Thank for this thread Teach -- I love this stuff.

Cultural Creatives

Cultural Creative 63%
Existentialist 63%
Postmodernist 63%
Idealist 50%
Modernist 50%
Materialist 44%
Fundamentalist 31%
Romanticist 25%

Just FYI --
I had to do a tie breaker question -- I'm 63% Existentialist and 63% Postmodernist. Wait -- isn't that more than 100%??

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
4/23/2006 and counting

Smile

I'm 75% Postmodernist, followed by 63% Cultural Creative.

Pretty much what I would have guessed . I had a mild, Episcopal upbringing and have a post-grad degree in Cellular Biology. I did my senior project in Darwin and evolutionary theory, but I believe something so amazing as evolution may very well have been set into motion by God. I believe wholeheartedly in my views, but none of them seem to be defineable (eg, I'm pro-choice but pro-death penalty). I don't fit in with anyone!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

You scored as Modernist.

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.

Modernist 94%
Materialist 81%
Existentialist 75%
Postmodernist 50%
Cultural Creative 38%
Romanticist 25%
Fundamentalist 13%
Idealist 0%
Old 07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cultural Creative 100%
Fundamentalist 75%
Modernist 63%
Idealist 50%
Romanticist 38%
Materialist 25%
Postmodernist 0%
Existentialist 0%
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doorknob
... Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation. 50% of Americans share your world-view.
That seems very unlikely to me!