Notices

new to this site

Old 07-01-2006, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy new to this site

Hi,

I am new to this site and am hoping to get some help/advice/direction.... I have been married for 20 years to a wonderful person but a person consumed by substance abuse. It began with drinking, we have beat that. It went from drinking to drinking with cocaine. We have beat both of those. Not easily I may add. Many years of abuse involved. Mental, physical, emotional, you name it. He is now addicted to crack cocaine and I don't know how to help him. It is the worst yet. The lying, disappearing, disappointments never seem to end. He is my best friend. We have two children together and it is killing them and me. Can anyone help? I don't know what to do. He went to rehab for 30 days at Christmas time and did wonderful for 4 months. The last two months have been a reacurring nightmare.
Thanks!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sworab,

Welcome to SR!

There is lots of support here. You might want to check out the NarAnon forum on this board. You'll find lots of information there and people in similar circumstances.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna! I will check that out.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

Lots of folks down in Friends and Family and Naranon have been and are going through what you are.

I am an alcoholic (sober for 21 years), but didn't get into any program until MY kids developed addiction - at that time I found myself in the darkest place I'd ever been... and Alanon helped me very much.

Please stop in the Naranon forum, start at thread about your situation and then sit back and watch the wonderful responses... folks in there are incredible!