Notices

Headaches......

Old 07-01-2006, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Headaches......

Happy 4th all.......

I have yet another question.....
I have suffered headaches for as long as I can remember, some mild some severe, some lasting a few days, some a few hours. I am prescribed IBU 800 mg. and Vicodin for pain. usually, the IBU does the trick and I can tolerate it but.....here in the last 2 weeks, the pain has been constant no matter what I have tried.......everything from excedrin migraine to when I cant take it, 1/2 750mg vicodin and still, it feels as if the entire top of my head, from my ears up, is going to explode any second....... I know I have allergies and being in Ohio this time of the year doesnt help but........is this a WD symptom? I have been sober since the 11th of June so they came on right around my 6th day sober. If so, how long does this last? I have been real careful to drink lots of water and watch the caffine so I know it isnt too much caffine. It just plain HURTS!!!!! Any input would be great, TY in advance!!!!!
Love Liss

P.S. I am also soooooooo tired all the time even though Im sleeping ok........another symptom????
Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I don't know if it would be a withdrawl symptom that would last two weeks, but I guess it could be.

I get migraines, always have, and headaches are nothing to mess around with. It sounds like this is a change from the 'normal' headaches you get and if I were you, I'd see a dr.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((((Lollipop)))))))))) I just started getting migraines about a year ago and although they are bad, I know mine aren't nearly as bad as most. I can usually feel them coming on and if I take ibuprofen right away and take it easy, they will go away before they become full-blown. Even so, they are very painful so I feel for you!

I would have to go with Anna's suggestion to see your doc ASAP. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Old 07-01-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hi Lollipop, yer im a migrane suffer too,done some reserch n all it seems to say is take asprin before the attack...? Never helped me. The doc is no help for me, but defenitly tell them...!

I go to bed and put a wet cloth on my head in total dark. When ive got a bad one.BUT if im working thats no fun at all...

Totally understand that one,it can be disabeling, litraley...

Good Luck with it defo speak to your Dr....