Notices

Long holiday weekend looming - need extra help?

Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long holiday weekend looming - need extra help?

Guess this is sort of the "Holiday Bus" - wanting to sign some folks up for mutual support to get through the holiday! So, everyone, what are your plans for fun and what are your strategies for maintaining sobriety? Any great 4th of July recipes or activities?
Happy Independence Day! For us that word "independence" has a little extra meaning, too!

Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get me afront row seat. i know I'm going to have a hard time with this weekend. Spent the whole day fighting with myself to take a drink. I am really stressed about it. I am starting to think maybe it's not worth it .. i mean I got nothing done today.. yelled at the kids a lot, even a neighbor asked me if everything was okay.

I been trying for a week now and aside from sitting in the house alone I can't find one thing to do where there is not going to be drinking.. last weekend I was okay with I don't know what's up, I'm sad.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gosh, I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it. Is there someplace near you like a zoo or aquarium you can go to with the kids to get out and have fun? Or maybe stay in and start a new craft or hobby (with or without the kids), rent some old movies, or plan a Mad Lib party with the kids or teach them how to play poker and gamble M&Ms (hope the gambling doesn't offend). It's hard looking at a weekend in front of you - I'm worried myself because I hear that voice saying "but it's a HOLIDAY! Don't tell me you're going to drink Sprite ALL weekend???"

"Bob" (my addict voice) is such a sneaky creep.

Buy some really special comfort food you can share with the family - death by chocolate ice cream, Boston Cream Pie, something you haven't had in forever, then light sparklers out on the yard and watch fireflies. Or take an excursion far enough out of town so you can see more stars than usual, and enjoy being sober!

I hope your addict voice lightens up on you - keep us posted so we can help!
Cheering you on
Old 06-29-2006, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have lots of good ideas Wishful!

You can also hang out on SR for awhile if you want to. July 1 is Canada's Birthday so it's a long weekend here too. I'm going to be out and about enjoying this beautiful city and all it has to offer, but I'll be around SR too!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Activity for the day: Stay clean! Maybe this year I can see the fireworks rather than being them.