Notices

Don't understand and very worried

Old 06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't understand and very worried

Hi,

I'm new here, and I have been abusing Hydrocodone for quite a while now, probably about 10 months. I've been abusing them to "numb" myself due to the sudden deaths of my Father, my ex-fiancee and three very good friends, two of which were murdered by their ex-girlfriends. I was taking as many as 14 Hydros a day, got scared and started tapering off. Wasn't easy, but easier I suppose than quitting cold turkey. I got myself down to 3 a day and I was so proud of myself, even though I was craving them so badly. Then my husband was arrested for DUI, which is so humiliating to me, because he's an electrical engineer, has a very good job, and he has the world by the tail, and I just don't understand why he drinks over such trivial stuff. I myself am a recovering alcoholic, haven't had a drink since April 7th, 1992. Anyway, while he was in jail, (I let him sit there for 6 days), I started REALLY abusing them and wound up taking 125 of them in 14 days. Last night I was watching a movie and all of a sudden I got really weak and lightheaded. I am just wondering, could those feelings be caused by all this Hydrocodone? Please help as I'm terrified right now. I also have panic/anxiety disorder, and today I'm very, very agitated and feel like I could panic at any moment. I also have health anxiety and any little neurological symptom I get I think is caused by a brain tumor, even though I had a CT scan in January and an MRI w/wo contrast in the middle of March.....both were negative.
Is 125 in 14 days a lot, really? My husband says it is, but I don't know, I've never abused pills before.

Thanks in advance,

Melanie
Old 06-28-2006, 11:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mr .HELP ME I HAVE KIDS

Ok , First of all welcome and Thanks for sharing ,Now I am a past user of this drug and I will tell you the withdrwals are terrible so yes the feelings you are having are normal .

Tapering is the easiest way out but if you cant stop yourself from taking them when stressed you should get them out of the house.BUt you willl need to ask your Dr for a presription for clonidine and for adivan ,One is for the shakes and sweats and the other is for sleeep ,You will also need to take immodium as the toots will start 1 day after you start detox,It will take 3-5 days for you to clean this out of your system Hun but after you will be so happy you did.

I just did it and it worked well,I no longer crave the drug at all
See you used Hydro I used Oxy which is stronger But still an opiate.

Good luck and if you need anything else just ask

Tim
Old 06-28-2006, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! That is about 9 a day so depending on the milligrams, that could be a lot. If you can get to a doctor go. I don;t know a lot about this drug but others will be along soon to give you some tips. Take care!

GP