Notices

Square one

Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Square one

Well i blew that one, gave it a go though.Bought a bottle of brandy last night late.After a heavy discussion....! I knew it wernt gona be easy.So im not surprised too much. Weak willed.more like beaten down...

Well at least i gained some insight into my behaviour with drink.I now recognize it as a problem i must take control of...!

So back again to square one for me....

Ive now got the worst hangover and i deserve it....What an idiot ive been again.Hopefully i will not drink again for awhile, all i can do is keep on try ing to address, it as it is.Which is that i should'nt drink spirits like that.The same old addictive pattern thats, haunting my life....

Sorry to have let you down,as it was your encouragement that got me the week sober...! so ive just got to start again, from square one..Gutted.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

square one is a friend of mine too...I get like 30 days then dive into the pills...I am at day 29 or 30 and kind of freaking out.....like i am waiting to screw up !!!!!! I am determined not to this time......
Please do not beat yourself up too bad....dust yourself off and get back in the saddle of sobriety !!!!
We will stay here supporting you and encouraging you !!!!!!
HUGS
Old 06-28-2006, 12:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ASH

(((Arura)))
Dont Quit!!!
You had over a week and that is something.
I have been there more times than I want to count thats for sure,
and I can tell you one thing that was very progressive for me
was the severity of the hangovers.

Keep identifying triggers and keep putting days together
and keep coming here, you are on the right road
and if you want it you can do it!

Glad you posted, (know how hard that is too )
and see you here tomorrow, ok?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No more hostages

Hey Arura!
You didn't let anyone down- you may feel guilty, but let that crap go and start over...that simple. You are here posting and that is huge! Just dont put any of that stuff in your body ... today...ok?
We love you...
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Don't look back........today is what really matters. Just today.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Consider this hangover a valuable motivator, it will help you recall WHY you won't drink, just for today.

And, please dont be hard on yerself.

What helps me not pick up that first drink sometimes is to take sobriety in "bite size chunks":, in other words, one hour, one minute, one day, at a time, instead of thinking in terms of forever
Old 06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Thank you ALL for your kind posts.I am worried that its gona turn out into a long battle.As many have said you just have to pick yoursef up again n start again.feel defeated though,even though the hangover was enough to stop anyone drinking again.

I beat heroin n methadone, am not going to let alchol take anymore of my life away, as i ve lost enough time to drugs,to let the rest of my life go to the fight against alchol.

Ive only just come out of a life on hard drugs.I really dont need alchol to cloud my vision.

So much has changed in me in the past 18mths +, collage,job,clean friends,a haircut even...im doing well for me.

Thanks again folks for your encouragement,it is helping thanks...
Old 06-28-2006, 03:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resentment Building

Hi Arura,

Don't let this little set back deter you from your goal. Start over - The past is the past. Don't be hard on yourself. You haven't let anyone down (except maybe yourself) But let that be a reminder and motivator for you to keep it going from today onwards.

Remember - staying sober is as easy as not picking up that first drink.

Good on you for sharing and being honest with yourself.

Do you recall that moment of insanity just before you picked up your first drink - while you were sober ?? remember that - and if you feel like that again - Pick up the phone - call your sponser - call anyone.

It gets better - although I have only 14 days up - I am seeing things more clearly than I have ever done before. So don't give up.

I am proud of you for being honest and for comitting to give it another go.

Strength to you my friend,

Aristo
Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Hang in there London lady. I wish I put a nickle in a jar for everytime I started over. I'm proud of you for seeing the truth of it the day after instead of rationalizing it away or hiding it up inside your head. That's how you stay in the grips of it... instead you are here and talking about it. A good thing! I hope your head/stomach feels better soon. The more you give it a go the more it is going to stick inside your head. At least that's the way it was for me. You can do this!

Suga