Notices

WHO are we..look in a mirror

Old 06-22-2006, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr .HELP ME I HAVE KIDS

Exclamation WHO are we..look in a mirror

We are all addicts of some sort and havebeen in a bad position in our life ,abviously we all have an addiction that brought us to search out help for our problem.

I know when i was addicted to alcohol I would beg borrow and steal to get my drink.

And as for other recreational drugs they are addictive enough to make us do things that if we were not taking them we would never think of doing.

As a person we may be the most honest nicest person in the world ,But when your addicted to drugs You are not you ,you are the drug and it has a never ending thirst for its never ending search for the high.We will do whatever we can to get it.

All of us have been there and know this is the way the demon works in our minds. Some of us have been in lesser situations but if you look at your past before sobriety we have all done questionable things to get our DOC!!

Even If it was just being sneaky about doing it,we were being decietful about getting the drug of choice.

So if some one comes to us and asks if they are going to get into trouble for doing something wrong we say yes you are and then if they dont tell them good and use this as a lesson.Then we tell them how to get the DEMon off thier back .

Look at our own pasts before we judge others ,Remember when your addicted Its the drug talking not the person.

Judge not lest ye be judged.We are all the same here and we all need helpful advise and some need hard love but we must always Remember WE WERE THERE ONCE!!

Thanks

TIm
Old 06-22-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree and we also shouldn't let one bad apple spoil the whole pie! Lets stick together and give the support and encouragement that others come here to receive from us!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Addict

Right On

Originally Posted by Percocetaddict!

As a person we may be the most honest nicest person in the world ,But when your addicted to drugs You are not you ,you are the drug and it has a never ending thirst for its never ending search for the high.We will do whatever we can to get it.

Look at our own pasts before we judge others ,Remember when your addicted Its the drug talking not the person.

... Even If it was just being sneaky about doing it,we were being decietful about getting the drug of choice.

... Judge not lest ye be judged.We are all the same here and we all need helpful advise and some need hard love but we must always Remember WE WERE THERE ONCE!!

... TIm

Hello Tim,

There were quite a few points in your thread that ring so true for many of us. I appreciate the reminders and new food for thought you have shared.

Yes, how we all change when we're using. Once we get involved with a drug, it has an almost certain direct path to our brains and minds. And any addiction has the power to take self-control "out of your hands," and all it seems you can do is follow and hold on tight for the ride. Along the way, we do pick up bad habits in addition to our substance abuse, such as stealing, lying, cheating, betraying, hurting others in our lives, etc. I can remember my negative behavior — it's definitely on my list of shameful behavior, to others, and myself.

Of course, every human has free will, but when we subject ourselves to the alternate reality caused by drug use, the free will becomes threatened, and many times over-ruled. It's a scary place to be for all of us. Some kind of sentinel event sems to occur, big or small in nature, and it suddenly opens our eyes to true reality and where we exist in it.

I pray for everyone here that our individual "sentinel events" are not too much to handle, and I wish I could take away so much pain that been caused in order for some sobriety to become real for addicts... these are all gloomy subjects, and I think you all know what I mean.

I agree with you when you say, "Judge not lest ye be judged.We are all the same here... " This is so very true. None of us have all the answers, and none of us knows what is right for any other person. That's why our community, here at SR, at NA meetings (which I am attending for the first time this weekend ), and any others your support team may include MAKE SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE. We listent to each other, we tell our stories, we strive for similar goals, we interact freely about our similarities and/or differences, and we aid in the true recovery of a motivated soul. SR: What an amazing entity to be a part of. You are all so wonderful and help me in so many ways, even if it doesn't directly apply to my life and/or struggles. When you break it down, we all have the same basic characteristics that brought us to this place in life. And now, we have to find the person inside so we can choose the best recovery path for ourselves. Individual treatment for individuals even sounds like it's meant to be.

Thak you for the thought-provoking topic. Once again, I find such positive direction influenced by our conversations at SR. We are truly lucky to have such an open resource that accepts every single one of us — and the many more to come.

Have a great evening everyone. And I appreciate the ability to share my thoughts here. Thanks for listening.

Warm wishes to you all,
Jennifer