OT- Hair Friz

Old 06-21-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT- Hair Friz

Sorry to take this one out of Minnie's thread...but I NEVER realized how many people deal with this issue. Are you sure there isn't a program for hair friz? It is a real problem for those of us that do have it.

For my 2 cents worth....I like the idea of curls, just not "crunchy" curls as was described in the solution from *What Not to Wear*. Here is my solution with a similar effect. I use a Curl Defining Creme. Wash hair, towel dry most of the moisture out (I hear you already...it is really possible to get the moisture out of thick frizzy hair), and then apply. It feels like conditioner, but dries in soft curls. I picked up my bottle in one of those hair salons in the mall.

Good luck to all!
Old 06-21-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hmmmm....have to maybe try that. do you have thick hair or fine hair? i think it makes a difference. i HATE "crunchy" curls! LOL
Old 06-21-2006, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

When your hair/mousse is dry, you gently "decrunch" the curls and you get soft spiral ringlets that can withstand even the steamest of DC summer days. Curl defining cream doesn't work for me, nor does John Frieda's Frizzz Eeeze, which can result in greasy looking curls if you use too much.

Have you ever head of ionic straightening or Japanese hair straightening (same thing)? In the DC area, it'll cost you (I paid $600 to have my daughter's hair done), but the results are amazing. You get shiny, straight, movable hair that lasts up to one year per application. No amount of humidity will make it frizz.

And one other tip for curly haired folks--once your hair is dry, do NOT comb it. You'll comb away the curls and end up with a frizzy mess. The other downside with curly hair is that you have to wash it every day and start with it wet in order to style it.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use John Frieda's hair serum, just a wee bit though, but I wear my hair straight and iron it, yes iron it, head on the ironing board and iron it on full heat, lol

I'll prolly be bald in 10 yrs
Old 06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

apparently we're not the only ones with "frizz" problems! LOL
Old 06-22-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

On the subject of Frizz ease:

BLAH!!! It works - it working makes it soooooo tempting, BUT it takes a whole bottle to work on my hair!! At the price it is that's taking the p!ss!!

I genuinely think I have twice the quantity of hair - not in length but in amount!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Training the young.....

Old 06-22-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

that pic is remisent of the 80's in the US......lol