Just checking in!

Old 06-20-2006, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in!

Hi All!

Thought I'd drop a line to say hi and all is well in my little world! My anniversary came and went with relatively little fanfare. I ended up working the entire weekend at my second job! (intentionally!!) My AH showed up bearing a gift, begging me to give him that one chance to prove to me that he can change. (Key word there CAN ... meaning hasn't yet, won't even try unless I give him the chance). I told him I wouldn't accept the gift because that would give him false hope that there was a chance for reconcilliation. I told him that he needed to take the gift back and get his money back. He of course refused, using my favorite line..."keep it for all the crap I've put you through for the past 12 years" ! I told him that it felt like he was buying my forgiveness and that he needed to keep it. Well, he finally left, and a couple of hours later called to ask if I had a boyfriend! HA! He then said that he left the gift in a hidden spot and again started the begging again. Because I haven't seen him since to return the gift he is calling leaving the same old messages...ARGH! Come on lottery! I need to win just a small amount to file!!!!!!

My two youngest and I enjoyed Sunday afternoon together playing outside with sparklers and snakes. It was a rather rough day for me...father's day and the 1 year anniversary of my father's death. But we enjoyed the day, and remembered "grandpa" during our fun!

Life goes on...

Take care all,
Luv and hugs
Ros
Old 06-20-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tired, wonderful to hear from you.
You handled that so well.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Hey (((Tired))). I'm glad you checked in and you sound very good. You're doing great keeping your boundaries and should feel very proud. I hope all is well in IC and keep checking in from time to time. You take good care of yourself.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by Tiredx5
It was a rather rough day for me...father's day and the 1 year anniversary of my father's death.
Wow! My Father died on Fathers Day back in 83. It's one day out of the year I could do without, that's for sure...

Glad to hear you're doing good with your boundaries and your resolve!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you, tired

Sounds like you're doing and handling things well.

Keep coming back.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks All!

But...I am not always this strong sounding! Day by day, right?! I know that for my kids' sake....I have to keep working at getting myself healthy, physically, mentally and emotionally! I can definately see improvement...unfortunately, I also see my slips but lucky to recognize them and attempt to recover from them relatively quickly. This place has been an inspiration and a great source of strength for me! THANKS EVERYONE!

PS MEGA - IC is recoverying quite nicely from the tornado, but slowly. FEMA has denied funding for the homes and businesses that were destroyed by the twister, but ICians are a strong bunch who always seem to find their boot straps collectively as a group and get things done! I am confident that this situation will be no exception! Thanks for asking!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Oh yeah- IC people are strong and they will rally together for the right cause. I certainly hope that IC gets the funding it deserves. It should be rebuilt properly and it sucks that certain landmarks of the city were destroyed! I love that town. Hugs to you girl.