Notices

Day 23

Old 06-18-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 23

Well that's nearly Day 23 over, feel good about not drinking. Had a few mild thoughts about chilled white wine and 1 struggle, which was more about my dealing with a difficult situation (for me). Still feeling depressed on and off but I suffer from this (having medication) and my hormones really kick in and affect me.When I feeel this way hartd to kick start myself and have too many 'duvet days'!

My partner is thrilled- he's stopped drinking too bless him, he's no need to but he insists!

TOTALLY accept that I have no control over drinking. Been going to AA and reading the blue book, not sure that this is the right road for me - AA that is, but sticking with it for now. Havs anyone else had success with other programmes ( I know a few have already been mentioned to me). I like the look of 'Women for Sobriety', but no groups in the UK (although possible to meet online).

Eating too much sweet stuff though and weight rocketing - not good for me as I have huge self esteem issues. Any tips on replacing bad food with better choices that help the cravings?

Gonna also start back on an exercise programme tomorrow, easy does it but intend to get fit, slim and healthy again - and stay sober!!

Love to all. Happy Fathers Day to all you dads ( and mums who take on that role).
Old 06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You are moving forward....Super!..

Many alcoholics follow an eating plan for
hypoglycemia with good results.

Hugs to you and your partner...
Old 06-19-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

WTG Kickit!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're doing great, kickit! The two things I would recommend are healthy snacks, the kind of thing your body is probably craving. To combat hunger, you might try eating fish instead of chicken or red meat at some meals as the protein in fish takes longer to break down than the protein in other meats. Fruits or peanut butter instead of sugary candy or other processed treats will be much better for you. Same with soda...I thought I would drink a lot more soda when I quit drinking but I picked up some juices like Pomegranate (I mix with fizzy water) and organic lemonade. The Pomegranate juice is heavy with anti-oxidants and is very good for you. Exercise is great...it is my single best stress reliever. I work out five times a week in the morning hours, but also go out for a long walk in my neighbor hood after supper. Take care...

drew