Notices

Having a rough day

Old 06-17-2006, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Having a rough day

Hi friends!

Clean/sober and grateful for sobriety today. I am having a major migraine headache today and the pain is intense.

Just needing some healing hugs and prayers right now. I am keeping in mind the phrase this too shall pass. Sometimes it's hard to keep the focus on that, you know?

Also, got a phone call from someone I used to love deeply and he wanted me to come to a ceremony. I feel that seeing him would stir up some old feelings that I'd rather leave buried. He was my first love and the pain of letting go was just so difficult to go through that I would rather not do it again. I caught him in a lie though. Some things haven't changed. But I have.

Send me some healing, hugs, prayers, and thoughs.

Love you all and sending you all a hug.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

I hope you feel better soon Cheryl.

Stay strong.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((((((((((Cheryl)))))))))))))))))

I said that the other day that I thought that I needed a hug or something! So now it is your turn to have a hug

Love Vic
Old 06-17-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Cheryl,

Migraines are so bad, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Maybe try some visualization? Have someone rub your neck and shoulders? Hope you feel better soon.I know how miserable those migraines are.....healing thoughts and warmest hugs coming your way.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

******************{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 06-17-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Whenever I get a migraine, I have to take 4 Advil and lay down with my eyes closed until it goes away. So sorry you are feeling ucky today. Feel better soon!

Old 06-17-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Big hugs...full of chocolate chip cookies ...or ice cream or whatever your comfort food of choice may be..... hang in there !!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hugs!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know that migraine pain hang in there. Hope you feel better
Old 06-17-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I feel for you but don't get discouraged, you are doing great! val004
Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs From Houston

Hi Cheryl. Sharon an alcoholic here in Houston.

I grew up with my mom with migraines. They did seem to hurt her very much. I remember in the middle of the night she would call me to get hot compresses for her head. Of course she dran, took persciption drugs and was a dr. jeckle/mr.hyde to me. But from the compassionate side of me i was the one out of 4 sibling that was by her side when she was very sick.

I do hope u get to feeling better. I also wish they would come up with a cure for migraines. So many people are stickened with that illness.

Love, hugs and care coming ur way. I brought u some flowers and so did this cute little pup.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Aww, thanks so much everyone! I've been gentle with myself today. I took excedrine migraine and it helped a lot. I still feel some pain but not as bad as earlier today.

Right now, I am here drinking a chocolate milkshake. It tastes so good. I've been studying for an upcoming test for several hours so it helped to get some of that focus off of the pain.

Oh, I made a 100 on a quiz last week! I was so surprised and extremely happy! I was like "WOW!"

Thanks again for all of the hugs and the care! I really appreciate it!
Old 06-17-2006, 11:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

No matter how rough today was, it wasn't as rough as those days when I used to be drunk and high. Being 100% sober and clean is something that I find complete peace and joy in today. I have so much gratitude that I don't have to use. I have a choice and today I won't pick up that first one. As long as I don't pick up that first one, I won't set off my physical allergy.

I am very thankful for all of the supportive replies that I received today. It let me know that you all truly care about me.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations! On your 100% and on you being you. You are a gift! I was prescribed something for migraines non-narcotic that worked after years of them, but at the moment I can't remember the name. Darn.
I have had headaches then migraines my whole life, but rarely anymore. I can't explain it. Some say they tend to ease off with age?
I know that after I got over the stress ones, then they were precipitated by the hormone that started my period. Too much caffeine can be a trigger. Some people find that bacon triggers them.
The last time I was having trouble with headaches I went in desperation to a chiropractor and that dude worked miracles. Fixed other things along the way that I had for 25 years and assumed I would always live with.
best wishes, and big hugs!
Old 06-18-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Today is sooooo much better!
Old 06-18-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

W000000 H000000!!!!!! So glad today is better hun and your right, we DO care, sorry I missed the original post yesterday but Im so glad you made it through, sometimes we are stronger than we think!!!! WTG!!!!
Enjoy a MUCH BETTER Day hun!!!!!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

I was right there with ya, Hope4Life! I had a horrible migraine yesterday, too. I still had to buy a couple more gifts for Father's Day, and it was really, really hot outside. I was dragging and whining, but my hubby took good care of me. I also took Excedrin Migraine, and though it doesn't totally get rid of the migraine, it sure helps, doesn't it? And to think I used to take a handful of painkillers! Ugh! Makes me sick!

Just wanted to know you weren't alone, Sweetie. I'm feeling GREAT this evening! My migraines usually last 48 hours, and then, when they're finally gone, I get an almost euphoric feeling ... just so relieved the pain is gone. Hooray!

Glad you're feeling better! Hopefully it'll be a loooong time before you or I get another one of those monsters, eh? *fingers crossed*

Love ya!

Kelly
Old 06-18-2006, 09:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hugs and healing vibes going your way! Take care of you.

Hugs~
Old 06-18-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better now Hope