my brother

Old 06-13-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my brother

I cant believe me 17 yr old brother is addicted to drugs, it kills me, i cant sleep or stop crying... he was in rehab for a few months and clean for 5 months, now that he relapsed my parents think he shouldnt go back because "rehab is just a babysitter" instead they want to send him to a THERAPIST! omg are they kidding? living at home on the drugs seeing a therapist once or twice a week isnt going to cure him! I cant breathe when ithink of it, why are they being soo stupid? i want to help my brother i love him soo much, i cant believe this, how can i help him?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi (((((Sickofthis))))
Guy may be along shortly but in the meantime I'd like to invite you down to the Naranon forum, where you could meet many who have been, or are where you are.
Addiction is a family disease.
Its not a pretty road
But its also not a hopeless one either.
C'mon down if you're up to it
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 06-17-2006, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Sickofthis)))

I'm afraid Guy is away for a bit. Please do go over to the naranon forum for support. Also, you may want to write to Mark Sichel, the other expert on SR. He's a fine man and a social worker. You may get good feedback there until Guy returns.
I wish you the best...

Shalom!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you directed them to this site (would they?) and/or Al-anon?

How about some great books like "Under the Influence" and "Getting Them Sober" for a start? (for you and your parents)

Best of luck to you...I understand the pain and frustration! Prayers and hugs going out to you and your family. Please stick around and join us at Family and Friends and Naranon....it helps! Lots of kind people with good advice! I'll be looking for you!