Notices

remission

Old 05-30-2006, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
udger

Question remission

I stop drinking for about almost two years. I thought had got it under control and had seen the last of the days of drunkeness But this year as been a rotton year for me and I have started drinking once more. I was only having one drink session a week but it as got more often and I am smoking and drinking two or three time a week, It as been herder for me this time around and just cannot stop it. I keep saying to myself thats' the last one but after a couple of days I 'm on it once more. I thought I would join this forum and see if I can beat it once more and keep the illness lock up.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Udger;
And welcome to SR!!!

Well, you know what you did the last time. And you know that wasn't quite enough to keep quit. As I've quit smoking a dozen times, I can relate. Today, I have to keep doing the next right thing. Yes, even when no one's looking. In other words, for me, I need to focus on behaviors. Long term and short term.

Others will be here to share their own ESH.
I wish you well....

SHalom!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
udger

Cool Thanks

I need someone to talk about why illness started once more. I should have known it would happened. I feel dodgy in my head. The withdrawals taking hold. Its a really horrible feeling. I have had them lots of time before. I usally drink again but drink less so I withdraw slowly but I'm going to just stop day. I need to fight this like I did before. I have got to keep reminding myself what this ilness all about. Last time I was eating loads of seeds and nuts, lecithin granules and a heatlhy diet and it worked for me. Because I was replenishing brain cells and I started remembering why drinking is killing me. I glad I have join SR. It's good to talk to people who are going through the same thing as me.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You'll find lots of great folks here, and lots of support all hours of the day from all over the world. Read some of the other posts - there's a lot of information here and maybe something will resonate with you and help you figure out what you need to make recovery work for you permanently. Keep in touch with us and we'll help all we can, even and especially if you're having a hard time. Best wishes to you
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

i find that juice can be good not too acidic though n lots of it .my eyes are yellow in the corners sometimes. Water is great ....yer i know..
Good luck this time round.. bloody smiles car't get em right.?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Udger,

Welcome to SR and I'm glad you've decided to stop drinking. This is a good place for support and information, so keep posting.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's great to see a new mem er seeking sobriety... Welcome!