Notices

hello

Old 05-25-2006, 01:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tig

hello

i guess im here trying to get sober and figure some things out.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tig......a warm welcome to SoberRecovery, you've found yourself a real good place to start your recovery, so yes you guessed right.

Tell us about yourself, lots will be along to help you out.

My name is Denise and I'm an alcoholic, I'm so happy you've found us. There's a wealth of knowledge here, WE all know the more we cram into our brains the better we are, keep reading and posting, asking questions whatever you need everyone will help you out here.

Wishing you all the best in your journey to sobriety. Yippppeee to sobriety.

Old 05-25-2006, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tig,

I'm glad you found us.

You'll find lots of information and encouragement here so I hope you keep posting.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to a great place for lots of wonderful support, kindness, and understanding!

You are in the right place to get the friendship and support of people who understand exactly what you are going through.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile Learning To Stay Sober

Hi Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

Welcome Tig.

There are 12 steps in AA that we learn to help us stay sober one day at a time.

Before u run, u have to learn to crawl first. Begiinning slowly in recovery to build a firm quality sober foundation that u can live with for the rest of ur life.

There are many questions and suggestions u will hear here in recovery. First question is they may ask u is......DO U HAVE THE DESIRE TO STAY SOBER?

There is a desire chip that newcomers pick up at their first meeting. Grab a hold of that DESIRE Chip and cling onto it tightly. Everytime u feel the urge to want to drink. place it between ur teeth until the urge passes. : ) That was something i heard at my first meetings.

Another suggestion would be is to go to 90 meetings in 90 days....I heard this too and was told if u do this then there is bound to be something u will hear that will help u stay sober.

Ask someone u feel comfortable with to be a temporary sponsor. Someone u can call upon when u feel like drinking or at a low spot in ur life.

I went thru the motions for a long time till i was able to comprehend what this program was all about.

Get a u a Big Book to help u and guide u thru recovery. That book will explain how this program works step by step. There r also stories of folks like us sharing their own experiences, strengths and hope with u.

For now this is a good place to begin ur recovery.

Stay close and keep coming back.

There will be many more people here coming soon that r warm and caring sharing their own ESH with u.

Good luck on ur new sober journey traveling along the same road with many wonderful people learning to stay sober one day at a time.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Hey Tig, and welcome to SR!! What are you trying to figure out? We've all been where you are - kinda scary at first, huh? BUT you are not alone - believe me.

Keep posting and reading. Hope to see more of you! If you're not into AA, there are other alternatives, k?
-DG
Old 05-25-2006, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Tig!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great to have you here at SR. Keep reading and posting and hopefully you will find the answers taht you are searching for. We are all here to help and be helped. Who knows, what you post just may help another!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Tig,

Let me join with the others in welcoming you to SR. This is a wonderful place where you ask any question, and not feel alone anymore. My SR family been wonderful in my quest to free myself from the beast that sometimes gets the better of me.

Stick around, post often, we're here to help!

S
Old 05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, Tig,...we would love to help. Whatcha got questions on?