Texasgirl - hope you are well

Old 05-20-2006, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Texasgirl - hope you are well

Hey there TG -

I know your connection at home isnt working but would love to hear more about the new job and how things are going home.

Please check in and let us know what's going on!
Old 05-20-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I still can't get through on *****

It says "site not found", so I tried using google and it went through.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey! I am so excited right now! I have been staying in touch via my cell phone, but I could not post. I usually enter through *****, but it isnt working, so I tried google. It lets me post with my phone!!! I was so happy to see I could log in, and I was just about to post when I saw this post, Minx. I burst into tears. I miss yall and your support, and it warmed my heart to see someone thought of me. Thank you.I cant really reply entirely...its quite tedious through my phone, and I cant even insert smilies or anything! Hopefully I can get to the library tomorrow, and then I think Im buying a new computer next week! Miss yall, and I hope to write more in the morning. Love, TG.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

we'll be waiting to hear more TG!
Old 05-21-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So glad you could check in, really great to hear from you, hurry back.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by TexasGirl
Hey! I am so excited right now!.
And it shows!!! I'm excited for 'ya!! Can't wait to read the updates!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello again. I definitely wanted to reply, but I honestly think I don't have much to say. I'm liking my job more every day. Driving's gotten a little old, but it's still not that big of a deal. It's not like I look forward to it or anything, and I've been more tired at night, but generally it's not bad. I'm starting to know people, and more and more people are recognizing me, so it makes me feel good when people see me in the hallway and make a point to say hello. I still feel a little overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge of some of my duties (not a lot of guidance from my boss), but I'm picking things up as I go, so that's OK. I am finally eligible and signed up for insurance, so I am really looking forward to starting counseling. I picked up that book "The Road Less Traveled," and although I stopped reading halfway (bad habit of mine), it intrigued me further into the idea of therapy. I am really eager to figure out myself and what makes me tick, not just for dealing with my husband, but maybe just to understand myself better. When I really think about me, I realize that I am more complex than I probably thought...especially when I look back at previous "romantic" encounters. Substance abuse is not a connection, but I can say with certainty that I've dated some less than great guys. Other times, I was so afraid of rejection that I would downplay any kind of feelings for the person, so much so that I almost even believed it too. I think this is all interesting, and I really want to see how/if it all fits together.

I don't want to give an update on AH right now because I'm trying to understand where I'm at with him and how I feel about our life, and frankly, I haven't figured out enough to share. But I'm trying.

Whew, I guess I had more to say than I thought I did! Typical of me!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"The Road Less Traveled" is an awesome book. I have read it twice so far and still feel like I have only scratched the surface in understanding it. It is one of those books you can go back to again and again and gain insight each time you do. It sounds like you are really making some positive progress. Good for you!

L
Old 05-21-2006, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Good to hear from you again, TG. I think we talked about the 1.5 hour commute before (I do it daily). I wish I could tell you that you'll get used to it, but I resent it more and more. Been doing it for four years now. But one thing I've done recently to make the driving more pleasant is to get books on CD from my local library (it's just across the street from my house).

I "read" two books a week this way. So, the drive is long and tiring, but at least I'm catching up on my reading.

This week I'm reading The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (it's WONDERFUL) and Robinson Crusoe--a book my father used to recite from memory to my six siblings and me when we were waiting out in the parking lot years ago while my mom did her weekly grocery shopping. We'd ask him every week to tell us more about the adventures of Robinson Crusoe and his pal, Friday, and he'd patiently recite the story week after week.

Figured it's time I read it for myself. I think it will bring back lots of pleasant memories of time spent with my dad.