Notices

Day 364 - woooo hoooo

Old 05-19-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Smile Day 364 - woooo hoooo

Its Saturday Morning and its the 364th Day sober for me, tomorrow is my 1st birthday and I am so grateful for this daily gift of sobriety, it fills me up to overflowing some days.

One year ago I was on the last day of a 10 year bender. I had drunk away a business, my family, friends or most of them, was living alone and was so lonely. I had no money and a pile of bills about two foot high, but I managed to find money for two or three bottles of wine each day. I worked, but was so sick that I was losing jobs and I knew on this day one year ago that this was the end for me.

I knew because I had been there before. 20 years before I had stopped using smack after 13 years of using smack speed and anything else I could get my hands on. I survived that somehow after waking up in hospitals many times, spending 4 years in prisons. I was a common garden street addict and was dying when I decided to stop and stayed stopped for over twenty years.

I bust because I had no program and went crazy slowly, I also left all my supports behind when I moved to Australia and eventually started using booze in the same way I had used drugs, to oblivion, every day.

I feel and look so different today, just look, oh you cant see me! My worst day these times is millions better than my best day drinking. I was lucky enough to find a program (AA and NA) and to hang around with members who worked there program and include me in there days.

Today I do goofy things like, smile and laugh a lot, support other members in any small way I can, every day I go to at least one meeting, I pray each day to my HP who I choose to call DAD

My whole life has a skip in it these days, its not all roses but I move through each day with the knowledge that I can handle whatever is placed in front of me today and there have been some trying times.

I have found a good job, I went for average money and a relatively low stress job. I spend lots of time talking with my daughter and with my AA/NA friends. I have never in all my life had some many friends or so many Phone No's.

So I will celebrate this weekend by going to meetings and spending time with the people who have supported me for this time.

Lee thanks for the SMS's and your friendship, its great to know you and see you Sunday.

Eddie, I have spent every day of this year with you, you are a fantastic companion and a wonderful person

Everyone else here at SR (too many to mention) thank you for your daily support through all of your posts.

Jon, I don't know you but thank you so much for SR

So my message to you then is, this is just the first year, I firmly believe it gets better much better, so if your new and or struggling, don't pick up that drug or that drink, do something new, talk to someone, post here (it saved me), go to a meeting, just hang on because my words cant tell you how worthwhile it is, but my love can help support you and my year clean and sober proves its possible.

Love Kevin

PS I will probably write more tomorrow
Old 05-19-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Congratulations, Kevin and Happy Birthday!!

Thank you for sharing your story. It means a lot to a codie like me because it's stories like yours that give me hope for my son. I pray that one day he will find a better way, just as you did.

So, thank you for "hope" and for sharing your recovery with all of us.

Hugs,
Old 05-19-2006, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy, happy birthday, Kevin. It's been a long and sometimes hard road, but you've done the work. Congratulations on your new life!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

thanks (((((Ann))))), your right there is always HOPE

hey (((((Phinny)))), yep the road is as it is and we make our way along it. Sometimes with joy love and in my case singing and dancing (silly dances)

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks ((Capiainee))) the magic is its all one day at a time

I will let you know what I do, but it will be good Mostly meetings and going to a restaraunt with other members this evening I think.

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Got tell you, I have had tears running down my face on and off for the last couple of hours. This time they are tears of joy and gratitude not of hopelessness and despair.

I have this amazing feeling that I have everything I need. How different is that from that empty gnawing feeling in my gut that always wants more more more, that I lived with for decades.

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kevin,

A very happy 1 year celebration for you!

Thank you for everything you offer to the members of SR. It is much appreciated!

Old 05-19-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((Anna))))) Thank you and I love SR and all its about

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Wahoooooooo!!!! Big, big, big congratulations to you, Nogard! I'm SOOO excited and proud of you. Lots of hugs and kisses! (((((nogard))))
Originally Posted by nogard
.... I pray each day to my HP who I choose to call DAD.
I love that!
Originally Posted by nogard
I spend lots of time talking with my daughter and with my AA/NA friends. I have never in all my life had some many friends or so many Phone No's.
Me, too! Isn't it amazing?! I never talked on the phone .... now (my one-year will be on June 4th) my phone is ringing constantly, and I'm always out doing something with my NA sisters. It's such a blessing ... a real gift of recovery. I'm so happy for you!

Love, Kelly (T4C)
Old 05-19-2006, 05:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Woo Thanks Kelly, thats amazing, I love the card. It sure is a great place to be today

(((((Time4Change)))))

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

One year ago did you think this day was ever possible?

You are such an encouragement to so many.

Congratulations and Thank YOU
Old 05-19-2006, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hey best , thanks for those kind words

One Year ago, I started right here at SR and people held me for the whole weekend and I got to a meeting on Monday. I did not have a clue what was going on I was very sick in body, mind and spirit. No I had no idea what lay ahead best and its still a miracle to me that I am here and feeling so well.

One Year ago all I could do was hold on, I smoked about 3 packs of cigs every day and sat at my computer talking to people in SR mostly, the only right thing I did was not to pick up and as a friend of mine says; "... you can't do a right thing wrong...".

One Year ago all I knew was that I had had enough and was not ready to die or maim myself. I did not want to stop drinking and face reality and did not know how to ask for help, but when I woke up on 2st May 2005 I knew I needed help and I belive now that my HP guided me literally to here and then AA and NA to the doors of recovery.

One Year later, I belive that everything and anything is possible. I also know that life is just that life, I can't and don't try to control it, I simply live it one day at a time.

If I in any way have touched someone here or anywhere then that both makes me soar to new heights and keeps me grounded. I need people to keep coming into recovery and to stay around or else I have no one to be in recovery with and Today I am very aware that I do this with many many others and with God.

Love Kevin

PS Today (these days) I feel so liberated so free from the bondage, no longer a slave to my addiction. This most precious of gifts was given to me for free and freely. I am glad I have grabbed hold with both hands. Onward one day at a time.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Way To GO

Way to go my friend and I am so happy for you!! Kevin YOU have made a huge difference here at SR

ANY WAY

ROCK ON
Old 05-19-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is awesome, wow congrats you have been a inspiration to me and I thank you.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your story and the road of recovery Kevin. You are such an inspiration! I am sitting here with tears in my eyes because your words are just so full of hope and I can really see how much better life can get. Those words are giving me something to look forward to and something to work for. I am sure that your story will touch many other hearts as well. It has been a true honor to be here as you have worked hard on your recovery. I am so glad that you are here with us and you bless us all with your wonderful presence. Congratulations Kevin!! I am so proud of you!

Love,
Cheryl
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hey (((((Vic))))) thanks and great to see you here. You are an important part of my recovery and I am so glad your back

(((((okietiger))))) thanks and of course my inspiration also comes from my peers, you guys

(((((Cheryl))))) I look forward to writing you such a lovely message when you celebrate your 1st year one day at a time. Thanks

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 09:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Midas

One Year already?! WoWzErS! Way 2 go, Kevin!!!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

lol thanks Midas.

Yep its one year and it sure is good to see you in Newcomers.

Kevin
Old 05-19-2006, 11:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Rho
JstBcuz

U Go

Oh so proud of you and your recovery! Keep up the great work because it is worth it!!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Rho