Leave no one behind....

Old 05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Leave no one behind....

.... hey gang, please take a minute to look around and see if anybody is missing. With all the new equipment that got installed we don't want anybody to be accidentally locked out and not be able to log in and post. If you notice anybody missing holler for any Mod right away.

thanx

Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I seem to be missing my sanity...well, it's spotty at times at least. If you happen to find it in the database somewhere, could you send it home?
Old 05-19-2006, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GingerM
I seem to be missing my sanity...well, it's spotty at times at least. If you happen to find it in the database somewhere, could you send it home?
* lmao * Dya mind if I make a xerox for myself first?

Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dya mind if I make a xerox for myself first?
Share all you want, but remember, you get what you pay for
Old 05-19-2006, 04:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GingerM
Share all you want, but remember, you get what you pay for
Geeez, after all the shrinking it's been thru you'd think it'd be in purty good shape. If not I'll just give it back to you and let you sue all those shrinks of yours :kidding:

Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 04:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rho
JstBcuz

Is that why I had to get a new passowrd??? I am here now I got upset eith the bad day I was having yesterday and struggling to get in but I got in and my silly azz was on line with other SR folks until about 3:30 am and then had to get up for work around 5am and didn't get up until 7:16, butI had a great day thanks to all tge positive support from the SR folks.

Hi all have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rho
...Is that why I had to get a new passowrd???...
Yup, sorry. Wasn't _supposed_ to need new passwords but things got a little out of control and some folks had to. Glad you were able to get back in, and glad you had a good time half the night

Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Is Miss Done around? I havent seen her yet

HUGX
Lee
Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justme57
Is Miss Done around? I havent seen her yet
She posted at 6:30PM, so I thinks she's getting in ok

Mike
Old 05-19-2006, 09:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

after all the shrinking it's been thru you'd think it'd be in purty good shape.
Well, it's been shrunk so much that it's really tiny, so it's easy to lose And I find it in the oddest of places sometimes!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Mike,

Two questions. I use to notice that when I clicked on the link to take me into here, I went in directly and didn't have to log in. Now, I am always asked to login. Any thoughts?

And two, When someone posts something new or does anew update, it was always bolded. Now, It is like they are just regular posts and you can't tell the new ones by the bold or not. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again,
Ken
Old 05-21-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kennethhoff
Hey Mike,

Two questions. I use to notice that when I clicked on the link to take me into here, I went in directly and didn't have to log in. Now, I am always asked to login. Any thoughts?

And two, When someone posts something new or does anew update, it was always bolded. Now, It is like they are just regular posts and you can't tell the new ones by the bold or not. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again,
Ken
That's a common problem with this new upgrade. It's fixed by deleting cookies and temporary files.

For Internet Explorer;

Go to the main menu, click on "Tools"

Slide down the pop up menu and click on "Internet Options"

In the middle of the dialog box click on the button "Delete Cookies" and "Delete files".

When it's done deleting cookies and files on the bottom of the dialog box click on "OK"

Shut down Internet Explorer, then start it up again.

Go to SoberRecovery.com

It will ask you for you password as usual, but it should now be able to remember your password and show you new posts in bold.

Mike
Old 05-30-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Mike,

When I connect to the forum, I got right to the correct forum and page, but I am not logged in. I tried as you say to delete my cookies and files and that didn't work.
Now when i try, I get to the page, amd not logged in, and when i try to log in with my name and password, I get the messsage:

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

I give up. Anything else left to do?

Ken
Old 05-30-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kennethhoff
Hey Mike,

When I connect to the forum, I got right to the correct forum and page, but I am not logged in. I tried as you say to delete my cookies and files and that didn't work.
Now when i try, I get to the page, amd not logged in, and when i try to log in with my name and password, I get the messsage:

"In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist."

I give up. Anything else left to do?

Ken
Yikes! That is way goofy, I'll pass it along to the programmers right away. How did you log in to be able to post this at all? Are you login in from a different computer when it fails? If you are we will need some information about your ISP (that's what a "domain" is) in order to fix it. Ideally we need the IP address you are using when it fails.

Sorry 'bout this mess.

Mike
Old 05-31-2006, 01:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ken

We've been having some trouble with your internet provider recently. All the emails bounce back to us.

Check your security settings.
1. On your browser at the top select Tools, then Internet Options and click the Security tab.
2. Click on "Trusted Sites" (the green circle with the check mark) and then click the "Sites" button below it.
3. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https"button if it's checked, and add the site URL [www.soberrecovery.com] to the "Add this Website to the Zone" field. Then click "Add".
4. Click "OK."
5. Next, click on the "Privacy" tab.
6. Below where it says "Web sites" click on the "Edit" button.
7. Add the bulletin board's domain [www.soberrecovery.com/forums] and select "Always Allow."
8. Click OK twice, close your browser, re-open it and try logging on.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Ok, so i tried following the explicit instruction in this post.

When I try now, I get to the website after it asks me "this site is on your allowed trusted sites, do you want to allow this? or something to that effect. I say Ok and it brings me to this forum. Still not logged in though. If I do, I get the "In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist." message.

The way I post is I go to a thread I like, go to reply to thread, and it brings it up as me logged in. But why i don't get logged in automatically like I used to is what i don't understand. i tried to clear my cookies again, and that's a no go. And quite frankly, i don't like doing it since that erases ALL my cookies, and now i have to keep remembering ALL the passwords to the different websites. I ry not to keep the same one to all of them since that is exactly how people get hurt. They use the same one password for every website that requires a password, then if someone hacks it, they can get hurt if someone finds their used websites like banks, etc..
Yes, I can keep a list of every site and password, but would you want to do that everytime you use your computer? Hey, if there's no answer, that's Ok. If this is the worst thing that happn to me in my life, I will be the most grateful person you ever saw!
So do whatever you can. I was a systems enginner in Unix/windows/netware administration, so i know the problems of computers applications, system support, IT, etc...
Just do your best, and don't let it bother you. I am simply grateful to even have such a site!

Be well,
Ken