Notices

new to this

Old 04-27-2006, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this

i've been doing lots of oxys for the past 2 years. went and saw my doctor today and he put me on suboxone. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Dan,
Welcome to SR there is lots of information and support here!
Good to hear you have a Dr. involved and are taking postive steps
to make changes.
I cant offer you anything specific on your question but hang in and someone may be along soon. I have seen this topic posted about often on the Substance Abuse board so you may want to read or post there also.
Take care
Old 04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Don't have a lot of experience there Dan but I just wanted to take the time to welcome you here to SR and glad that your here. I am sure that you working with a doctor will help and the only advise that I can give is just be totally honest. I will send good thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 04-28-2006, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dan,
Welcome...I don't know the answers to your questions, but I'm sure if you address your questions in the other forums, someone will come along and help. Stay in touch and good luck with your stuff. Have a nice day.
Val
Old 04-28-2006, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Mandie~

Hey There...I too was addicted to narcotic pain killers....percs, oxys, whatever.....I myself have never taken Suboxone, but I know people who have......It is good to control the urges and to keep you not sick for the time being, but when you ween down off of it you still will go through withdrawl.......Maybe not as bad as you were from the OC's though.....Sry that I can't tell you more I just quit cold turkey .....and I still have affects of the wd right now.....
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

for taking a giant step into recovery, dan3, and welcome to SR. You'll find lots of information and support here.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Welcome Dan! Congratulations on your decision to quit the oxy's. What I can suggest to you is read, read, and read some more. Suboxone is a fantastic opiod treatment IF prescribed and used in the appropriate way (which unfortunately many, many "quickie-detox" places are NOT doing .... hopefully you're seeing a professional addictionologist who's done his homework). It is not a quick-fix or easy-way-out. The w/d should not be horrific if weened correctly. It should not be used in a quick, 30-day detox. It's a serious treatment medication. There's a lot of great info and discussion here: National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment - Discussion

Good luck! Hope you'll stick around. Maybe you can do a thread search for more Suboxone info, too. There are quite a few posts here about it.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Dan, Welcome to SR
Old 04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

and welcome!!!!!
Old 04-29-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to you Dan!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Dan, I To Started On Pain Pills Or Whatever Kind Of Pills I Could Have Gotten My Hands On But Of Course They Didn't Work Anymore So I Went On To Heroin What A Big Mistake. Thank God You Stopped At The Pills Give Yourself A Pat On The Back For Being Clean For 3 Weeks. I Have 22 Days I Just Got Out Of Detox On The 1st Of May They Had Me On Suboxone It Really Is A Great Pill.i Took It Before I Went To Detox You Know When I Thought I Was Going To Detox Myself Keep Taking The Suboxone It Helps And It Will Block Any Type Of Opiate You Try To Put Into Your Body.so Keep That In Mind When You Feel Like Using Just Think Its Going To Be A Waste Of Money Because You Wont Get High The Suboxone Will Block It.you Should Be Happy That You Got Suboxone I Know Here In Pa There Is A Waiting List For It Thats Why I Went And Got The Naltroxone Implant I Have To Pay 600.00 Every 3 Months Ya Expensive But Ya Know What Its Keeping Me Clean And I Would Have Spent That 600.00 Booting Heroin So Its Really A Small Price To Pay Its Keeping My Ass Alive! Good Luck And If You Need Someone To Talk To Im Here.