Notices

Average rehab stay for crack addiction???????????????????

Old 04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Average rehab stay for crack addiction???????????????????

I have been very reluctant to go to rehab. I still am, but I am finally giving it some consideration. Does anyone have any idea of how long a rehab stay for crack usually is? I know som of you are thinking, if I want to be clean the amount of time shouldnt matter, but it is an issue for me, and I would just like to get an idea. If anyone could share some info, or experience it will probably help.
Thanks,
bfree
Old 04-22-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

No one here can give you the correct info. you are looking for. Only the place where you would go can give you the answers. Everyone is different. Some go just to detox for a week, some go for detox & then rehab and stay for 30 days, some stay for 3-6+ months.

Everyone is different. For many it depends on their insurance. Some places will only keep you when you are willingly working with them, etc.

So many variables.

Have you thought of going and talking to someone at a rehab and seeing what they say?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Just curious what is your issue with the time frame?
Old 04-22-2006, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

PM Alyson..........she said she was working at Oasis Treatment Center?? I think that's what it's called.........she has a thread on here..........she was looking to help anyone who needed it.....Maybe working at one she could answer better for you............I'll get the title to her thread......

I am cheering you on Beth...................
Old 04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

She's going by Alyson1977.....thread called need any help?

I always needed answers too.time frames.....schedules, every variable..I had to know....I thought I dealt with my anxiety better if I knew everything to expect........It'll be okay.........it will.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

OHHH TAMMIE ~ Your brilliant!!! What a great idea!~
Old 04-22-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have an issue with the time frame, #1 because I have no patience when having to deal with too many people at one time, for any length of time. Even with my friends I used to kick them out after short periods of time. i need a lot of space and down time or I get slightly crazy and claustraphobic. #2 I have some things that I would not sell no matter what and I can only store them for a certain period of time, most importantly is my cat. i need someone to take care of him, I couldnt love him more if i had given birth to him myself. I take him everywhere. He walks on a leash and is more like a dog than a cat, He is a little rough to handle because he was ferrel and sometimes gets wild, so not just anyone can handle him without getting bitten. I thought it would be cruel keeping him with me in the car, but he adapted better than I did. We are like 2 peas in a pod and I have to make sure he has a pod while I am gone, if I should decide to go. My guitars can be replaced, but the cat is what keeps me going, cause I know he needs me. I would also like to be out for summer classes so I can get my BA and get myself back to work doing something that will utilize the $40,000 worth of loans for education I owe. If I could get over my anti-social behavior and back to work I will feel better. My intentions when I graduate are to move to south dakota, and help the Native Americans living on the pine ridge reservation. I have to help myself before I can help anyone else, but I have always felt like this was my calling. I have been studying their, culture, language, myths, legends and religion for a long time and that would be a good place for me to be. Not many people want to do that because their is nnot much pay involved, but money doesnt matter to me as much as self fullfillment, and the knowledge that I am doing something helpful.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Just don't let your mind play tricks on you. You seem to be thinking about how you can get some help. You have a great idea to go work on the Reservation. You will most likely be working with people....

I am hoping some how you can get your mind quite so that you can make a choice that can cover all of your concerns based on the reality of your situation. The humane society may be able to help find a foster home for your cat...
Old 04-22-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes i believe that most treatment centers are 30 days, some are longer for prolonged treatment if needed for other issues, med stabilisation for depression etc.
Insurance is the big kicker though!!!

Dawna
Old 04-22-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Sounds like you're getting there...

Find someone to take your cat, and then just surrender yourself. Everything else will work out....... if you're not sober, the things you mentioned you wanted to be out in time for probably won't happen. Sober first... everything else after.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Do you have a certain place in mind? If you do maybe we can help you get the info. from them about their program.

How long are you wanting to stay?

I understand about your cat, mine our my life too. Someone mentioned foster care, that may work? They are really strict about who they stay with even temporary.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

If my poor little car would make it over to NJ I would take your cat for you....and if ya wanted her back later......you could get her. But I am sure you could find someone to take her.I know my cat is my world......he runs my house! please don't let it stop you from yoru dreams though...............I have thought about working on an Indian Rservation before too...........I think it would also 'fit' for you........

anyways....keep your eyes on your goal...........all these things are workable............next foot in front of the other.........you can make it my friend..you can.

********************{warmest hugs}}}}}}}}}}
Old 04-23-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

just go!!!

Go to rehab! Your life and cat will be waiting for you whenever your done. The differnce will be, you'll be sober and have the tool's you need to stay sober.

Last edited by Bittersweet; 04-23-2006 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Left the L off tool's
Old 04-23-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

The Rehab place may have some suggestions as what to do with your cat.?~
Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I was searching online earlier for any foster homes for cats in Rutherford, NJ....still looking.if I find naything I will let ya know!

This si workable though......don't take your eyes off the goal, my friend.....THIS IS YOUR LIFE we're talking baout........G*d will help you find a home for the kitty...wish I lived closer......so close yet so far. I live In Williamsport, PA...about 3.5 miles from NYC............

Saying a prayer right now for guidance, that we can find a solution for you.

Hang in there! I know you have been...but don't let go now my friend...your life is waiting for you.........and working at that Indian Reservation sounds fantastic..do you KNOW how much of an asset you will be to them???

Okay........I am going to go googling again!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif
1029-014-12-1069.gif (5.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-23-2006, 12:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Bottom line, my friend....WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I love you, girlie....but are you willing or not?

Love, Genie
Old 04-23-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

i have no idea where I wouold go I have no $, no insurance, and iI am still not sure if I am ready or not. i just know everything has fallen apart, and I feel like I am so far down there is no way I can ever get it together.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

When you are truly ready the answers will appear.............feelings are not facts, they are legitimate and real...we are feeling them........but they are not indicative of true reality........reality says many have made it back from lows as low as yours........we truly have...............

ASk yourself this.........Am I ready to stay how I am??? Or can I trust, just enough in anothers ewxperince strength and hope............and LOVE..that if I do the next rigth thing.....I can make it...it is not going to feel good for awhile.drugs destroy our feel good chemicals.......eliminate our spirituality...destroy trust.....we end up ONLY trusting that the 'next' high will save us/help us/ make it better..

It never does you know........

Theer should be an MHMR there.......mental health place where they treat you based on income........and I believe they should have help for a drug rehab.not certain how it works in NJ........could check it out........

I am still rooting for you........I still believe in you.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Found a site you may want to take a look at........you can enter your information and they will contact you about your options. I am sure one of them would know about any free rehabs, or where to get assistance. I know here you go to the welfare offcie, they either put you on Medicaid.or you get a denial letter and the West Branch Drug Alcohol Commission pays for your stay at a rehab just over the mountain.

This is your choice though. I just want to offer you all the resources and assictance you may need. The desire has to be up to you.and I know at firts when the drugsa nd the depression and panic are a talkin.......desire to quit is too much.....it seems. For many what ends up being too much is going on the way things are..............

There is sooo much you can accomplish.............the further down you fall.....the higher up you can go.....like when you bounce a ball.the harder you throw it down....the higher up it goes!

SENDING HOPEFUL HUGS YOUR WAY.....

There IS HOPE Beth.........it is up to you to claim....it exists...it will be present in your life when you allow it in..one lil inch at atime. You're not going to all of a sudden have a huge blast of hope and be healed without any pain.dear G*d if I could take your pain..I would........but I can't. I cna share your burden with you......I can offer my shoulder to cry on, my hand to hold......

WANT it more than you NEED it......I had to go over that and over that in the beginning.....

Now let's see if I can post this link! I ma not too computer savvy yet........cross your fingers!

Attached Images
Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Nope it didn't post....well google in new jersey cocaine rehabs, if you want to.....maybe you can find some help and info...........