have any of you read codependent no more?

Old 04-12-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

have any of you read codependent no more?

it s been suggested to me that i should read this book

i am going to buy this book and during the next 2 weeks while kathy is healing in treatment i am going to start healing by reading this book
Old 04-12-2006, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I started reading it (haven't gotten too far), it was also suggested to me and seems like a good book.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The first time I read it, I guess I really didn't "get it," because I continued to do just what I was doing before. Then, when I was in enough pain, I read it again. That time it really made a difference. I read parts of it now and then when I am feeling like I need it.

What I'm saying is that it is probably one of those books you don't just read and put away. Read and read again, and then keep handy for reference!

L
Old 04-12-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, I've read it - and I believe that I recommended it to you greenapplecider. It's a start to recovery - not a cure. But I do hope that you read it - and digest it. I've read it twice, and though I did "get it" the first time - I also even discovered more when I read it again so yes, it's one that you have to digest, not just skim the words.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

I read it. It was an eye opener for me. It's the kind of book I read by jumping chapters. Just pick it open it and see where it takes me. I keep it next to the bed and grab a chapter every now and again. It's worth it, so is Language of Letting Go, same author but it is a daily.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

I read it, and then I read it again. I learn something new about myself every single time I read it! There is much wisdom in those pages. It's amazing how much of ME is in there.... and I was so happy to learn WHY I was the way I was and what I could do to be different if I chose.

READ it. You won't be sorry!

Barb
Old 04-12-2006, 08:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have read it many times. Don't worry about labeling yourself a co-dependent. There is a lot to be learned in those pages. I have recommended the book many times. It's funny how many people (including me) will say after reading it the first time, you know who's like that and should read this book? My sister (or SIL, or mother, or MIL, etc.)! Never us - LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mythreesons
I read it. It was an eye opener for me. It's the kind of book I read by jumping chapters. Just pick it open it and see where it takes me. I keep it next to the bed and grab a chapter every now and again.

Same with me. I have a couple of books I keep by my bed with it....I always get something new when I read that book or the others.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Me too on my headboard along with the other fav..."the road less travelled..."