Notices

I quit

Old 04-11-2006, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I quit

Hi everyone, im Ben and i have a drug adiction. I live in new zealand and im 19. Its my first day.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Ben:

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. I hope you stick to this board. Man, it got and kept me clean, no ****.

19 huh. Your mother has no idea how lucky she is you came here. How lucky she is you are considering getting clean.

What is your drug of choice and how long did you use. We need to assess where you are to better help you.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ive been using "p" for almost 2years and constantly smoke weed. Ive tried to quit many times but it never lasts.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

p? You can say it here hun. P? I just woke up.

This board is cool and not judgmental. We can say our drug names.

Pot is all I could think of and I know you didnt mean that.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

its pure methamphetamine otherwise crystal meth
Old 04-11-2006, 05:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ahhhh well now, you went ahead on and started at the top huh!

Ok, cool. Nothing we cant handle.

Do you plan to work a program or go it alone?

What prompted you to WANT to be clean?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well i have already confesed everything to my girlfriend and parents 2 nights ago. I hate not having money. I hate feeling like crap everyday. I used today and im still up it past midnight and i cant sleep.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So you are simpy sick of being an addict, good... kick ass. Great place to be. Thats where I started.

You came clean. GREAT step. One on one face to face owning your addiction. I have alot of respect for you.

Ok, so you are still using (appreciate the honesty, you only need a desire to be here).

Is this the first attempt at becoming clean? If so, take advantage of this as I did. All here taught me it is harder each time. So commit and do it.

Do you feel you can do it among your family or do you feel you need to be in a locked down, rountined environment until you get a clearer mind and more in control of yourself?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Im a very young mom (way too young) to a 17 yr old lil man. I feel so sorry for your mama. This would break my heart. Please hug her and promise her you love her and yourself enough to get clean.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i think i can do it with family support. i have tried before to quit but the longest i go without it is a week.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im to young for this shat
Old 04-11-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah, maybe your parents can get you into rehab. I know your girl would stick by you if she is still with you now.

30 days sounds like a lot at your age but hun, its nothing. I bet you have alot of friends... they use? Gotta stay away from those guys or its only a matter of time. Right?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

she is still with me. she just woke up wanting to know y i am still up. i hate this drug
Old 04-11-2006, 06:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You sound about ready. Let us know when you commit or just let us know your thoughts for the day.

Im here for you as is all of SR. This really is an awesome place and I dont throw around empty compliments.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ok thanks im going cold turkey as of right now. I dont know what lies ahead but im ready to give up drugs.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
New Beginnings

Hey Ben... Welcome to SR, a great place to be. As young as you are, rehab may be the place for you right now. If you are serious about getting clean, entering a treatment center and/or program will not only provide you support in recovery, but also great tools that you can use in an effort to stay sober. If I were still 19, I know it would be more difficult to get sober on my own. With friends and peer pressure, I am almost certain it would be next to impossible to stay sober. You have already taken that first step in admitting your addiction and confiding in your loved ones. I wish you the best of luck. I am so pulling for you.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks alot. It wont be easy but im going to make the best effort to give up. Im gunna get pro help tomorrow first thing. Thanks
Old 04-11-2006, 09:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Welcome to SR Ben! It's great that you see your addiction to meth as something you definately don't want. It is about as scary as you can get.

Google Montana Meth Project and check it out. Scary stuff. Real scary.

Your future is so bright at 19. Please don't give up on you. Let go of the meth now - not later.

**{hugs}} I'm so glad you are here. Keep posting and we're all here to cheer you on.

Suga
Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome, Ben!

I am glad that you are here reaching out.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Not Sure!

Hello My Friend

I truly feel for you. Your so young and already in the grasp of addiction and with such a nasty drug. My personal rec would be to find some program and get on lock down as it was said in an earlier post. This drug is nothing to mess around with when your trying to kick its a$$. Please, please, please get into a monitored, locked down clinic. I have an alcohol addiction and it is hard enough to stay away from a beer. I don't want to sound dark and I certainly have no place to speak, it is JMHO though. Your brain chemistry has been altered in a major way and you need professional help and guidance. I just watched a PBS (U.S. Public Broadcasting) program on this drug and it scared even me and I've tried just about everything in past years, even meth but I hated the fact that I could not fall asleep when I wanted to so I never tried it again. Please do it for yourself, your family, your girlfriend and the life that will be in front of you. Get professional help! Peace.