Notices

Three day bender

Old 04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three day bender

I had been going pretty well. From the time I decided to slow my drinking, that due to my environmental surroundings, I would indulge in the occasional beer or two but would remain in control. My wife of 4 yrs ( and my partner for 10 yrs, our whole adult life), told me she wanted a trial separation. Due to the things I had done in the past (99% attributable to alcohol abuse) she decided that it would be the best way to heal our damaged marriage. I always put drinking with buds and going out having a good time before her, and when I got drunk and slept with another woman 7 months ago it was the final straw for her. We were going ok, the trial separation came as a bit of a shock, so I did what any dumbass would do, and went on a three night, no holds barred drinking binge.

What followed has made everything infinately worse. During one of them I decided to ring home in a very drunk state and accused my wife of things that clearly weren't true and now, instead of spending a time apart to find each other again, she has decided I am a lost cause and wants a divorce.

This moment has actually got me thinking clearer than ever. I suppose Day 1 started again yesterday. I will be home from my overseas work location in one month, and home for four weeks, and I am forgetting the ********," I'll just have a couple ****". Now I know what I need to do. I think I'll be on here a little more often in the future, I will really need help to beat this thing, but I'll get there.......
Old 04-11-2006, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi long shot,

People have recovered from worse, at least you stayed clear of the law, and can focus all your energies on getting your life repaired.

We're here for you, Wishing you lots of success. You can make it, one day at a time.

S