Notices

Addiction and conception...

Old 04-07-2006, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Addiction and conception...

Hey Ya'll:

I hope everyone is having a great day! I have a new question so of course I reach out to SR.

My husband and I have four boys and have always intended on shooting for a girl... one more time. We knew we couldnt while I was on my medication. This is alot of what prompted me to get clean. Actually, I should say prompted me to research my meds, thus chosing to get clean.

He and I both have romanced the idea constantly but knew it wasnt the time. We knew I had to be drug free first and that meant cronic pain so we procrastinated.

We are very anxious to begin trying to conceive but we want to know what others advice is in regards to how long a woman's body should heal. I dont want any of this to carry on into our baby.

Please dont fear me relapsing while trying. If anything, thats even more of a reason to remain clean and happy. I know Im knew to recovery but try to have faith in me staying clean when offering your opinion.

We have waited long enough. He, unfairly. He isnt pressuring me but he has brought it up.

Any and all opinions welcomed without judgement.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's an interesting question Beachbabe.

I started drinking when my kids were teenagers (go figure!) and drank for 3 yrs, but before that I had addictive behaviour. I didn't know it at the time, but I was very controllingl, easy to anger and sometimes obsessive. So, I had a lifetime of stuff to heal from. I guess what I'm saying is this - physically I don't know how long it would take your body to heal. But, emotionally, it took me a long time before I began to feel like I was moving forward from the hole I had dug for myself. Of course, we are all different and heal and grow at different rates, but maybe iit would be a good idea to consider the emotional side of having a baby too.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

beachbabe
can i ask is this the husband who was playing mind games and leaving pills out for you and being so mean?--i dont say this to be rude --maybe you would want to reconsider this--i just hate to see you get stuck in a bad spot--take care--glad your clean
Laura
Old 04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes rose petals, it is.

Maybe this was his 'conception test' lol

But yes. Im the girl.