Trying to Focus - It's Hard!!

Old 04-05-2006, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to Focus - It's Hard!!

I just had to get this out today. My chest is hurting, about to explode and I am very stressed. My AH had a disagreement yet again with one of his supervisors and walked off the job yesterday. When he called me with this yet again, I couldn’t even speak, I just let him talk. I didn’t discuss it with him, because I didn’t agree with his actions. I didn’t want to go into me pretending that I agreed with him when I didn’t. I don’t know how many other people have this problem, but my husband is the type to think that everything he does is right. So here it is today and I do not want to call him, yet I am struggling. Why? Because if I don’t call, he’ll be upset that I didn’t call to check up on him, and tell him how unfair everyone is to him. But the point is, I am tired of caring about everybody. I want off this merry go round. I am apprehensive to go home because I don't know what to expect, but I am so weary and upset and fed up. I go on and on, in this sham of a marriage, I am not happy, and yet I go on. Why? He also has an alcoholic mother who is spiraling out of control and he is not handling that well. He has all this pent up anger, he is like a walking time bomb. I just don’t want to deal with him any longer. I am finally feeling like the end is near, but then I get caught up in the he has no one, his mother is an alcoholic, we have a house, 2 kids. But when does it stop. How can I get the strength to say enough is enough. I still haven’t called though. Trying to focus and breathe…
Old 04-05-2006, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Enough is enough when you finally have had enough....
does that make sense.....
Old 04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Boy, our stories do all start to sound the same sometimes. I'm so sorry you are going through this. You sound like you're at the end of your rope (and hope).

Have you tried any support for yourself - Al-Anon, etc.?

Keep posting - there is a lot of wisdom here and so many of us have been where you are.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

but my husband is the type to think that everything he does is right
Same here... and what he says is always right and what he thinks is always right...

I'm so sorry that you are hurting and you do sound very fed up. It is not too late for you to find happiness. Are you a part of any kind of support group? Do you go to counseling? As Patty said, enough is enough when you decide it's enough. Please come here and continue to read and post if nothing else. All my best to you.