Notices

Wow - Powerful Anti-meth/drug ads in Montana

Old 04-05-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Wow - Powerful Anti-meth/drug ads in Montana

Last night on a news program they featured what a Montana Billionaire was doing to promote anti-meth use in it's teens. It is the most powerful anti-drug ad I have ever seen.

I warn you it's pretty brutal visual imagery. But that's what drugs and addiction do... it's ugly, scary and brutal. So be forewarned if you choose to look at them.

Powerful. Man I tell you it really hits home with me. I'm an alcoholic but with my addictive personality... there but for the grace of God go I.

Montana Meth Project

Not Even Once
Old 04-05-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Whoa! God bless this guy who's funding this project for our teens. Thanks so much for sharing that website. Those commercials hit hard and definitely convey the message of death and devastation meth brings. Such an ugly, awful poison, that crap. So many once-beautiful women I find myself staring at in my NA meetings, with dozens of huge scars from picking at their faces , necks and arms. It breaks my heart.

I hope these commercials go national. Thanks Suga!
Old 04-05-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow!
If only all states would air these commercials! I've seen some new commercials here in Indiana on smoking pot that are realistic, very good. States are raking in money for fighting drugs but I am not seeing the money spent the way it should be.
Billboards of that guy or gal with the caption, "Don't want to be like him (her)? Don't mess with Meth."

_________
Beck :bun7
Old 04-05-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Charlene

Wow this really makes us all realize what we are here for. Wow That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crazy, I have goosebumps cause I too was almost there until, I too realized all of what this ad is trying to promote. Good posting!!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thumbs up

I saw something about this awhile ago, and then I watched Nightline again, then went and watched the whole website program stuff.

I used to live in Montana, I'm so glad they are doing this there.

The messages ARE shocking, the commercial, pretty deep. But they
are awesome, if you ask me!

I was always afraid of drugs, if I would have seen that program or the commercials I don't think I would have ever tried it the first time.

My friend told me how much weight I'd lose, and how happy I would be.
It took her 2 long days too convince me to finally try it.

OMG, I was hooked from then on....

They said 15 more states are considering doing this project. I hope they do!
Old 04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

These ads should be along every highway, in every magazine, the nightly news, transportation hubs, hospital ER's, everywhere should be saturated with this message....

METH KILLS!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

dear god in heaven.

Powerful.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Powerful stuff! This message needs to get widespread.
It may save a lot of lives from being stolen from people.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

I agree. I sent this off to my Brother and Sister so they could choose if they wanted to show it to their kids. At first they said no... but I got an email this morning from my Brother saying he reconcidered and he said it had a really huge impact on his kids and that they talked even about drugs afterwards and how dangerous it is to experiment with substances. I'm so proud of my brother for tackling an uncomfortable topic. I hope my sister reconciders too.

The message is really powerful and in my opinion, necessary.

Suga
Old 04-06-2006, 12:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Yea, it's kinda harsh, but kids NEED to see how harsh Meth is. Actually everyone needs to see that. Meth is just one drug that you have no idea how dangerous it is. Such a great campaign. God love that billionare!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's amazing (shouldn't be) how a drug put together by just anyone and with poison would be tried and trusted by so many. I asked my husband how one of his friends was and he replied that the guy has a nasty sore on his face that he can't get to heal. My reply was "Guess that's what happens when you trust puting a drug some nut cooked up from poisons into your system." The town I grew up in has such a problem that there isn't enough room in the jail. The stories are ill on how people cook this up while children are in the same building.

Tisk, tisk
_________
Beck
Old 04-06-2006, 01:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Meth may be a powerful drug, but there are plenty of others that are just as devastating. The commercial are really good and I think they need to be shown all over the place... I also think that they should focus on other drugs like cocaine and heroin as well because tons of young people are doing both of these as well nowdays.