Notices

Old 04-02-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

serious is it real?I be a .45 after only 13 beers?
I think the machine is wrong!!I had them over 6 hours.
Thx u,
Vince
Old 04-02-2006, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

I don't know, Vince. That does seem a bit high. Why are you checking your blood alcohol?
Old 04-02-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I check it becous I been to rehab and work checks it for paying.I sorry I drink but I cant seem to stop.
Vince
Old 04-02-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I paid alot for a bac before I went to rehab but I guess I use it more now so I dont get caught.
Vince
Old 04-02-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Only 13 beers Vince? Be careful k?
Old 04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Chy,
Come on a real Drunk has plenty more to go.But I am done.Please tell me is that .45 close?Thats what machine said.I dont belive it.
Vince
ps I not looking for a reason to go to the store.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Yes it is right. It takes an hour for one can of beer to be removed from your system, you stated you had 13 in about 6 hours do the math.

We'll be here when your ready to stop sly. In the meantime be careful.

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 04-02-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

13 beers is a lot!

Please stay in and do not drive.

It's crazy to risk it.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank u all for responding.
I not leaveing the house,and am done drinking.It say a .22 now and I feel better.
Bleave me all I staying in for the night so I can work afternoon shift.
Vince
Old 04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wise idea...
Eat...shower..go to bed

Sweet dreans
Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Just so you know, Vince. A .22 is considered legally unconcious. What sort of recovery program are you using to help you stop and stay stopped? I go to AA and I could not have done it without it.

Hang in there and keep posting!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Vince,

What kind of machine r u using? Is it calibrated to standards, or a toy they sell in catalogs?

Heres my math, each beer gives an average person (175#) a BAC of about .02, so 13* .2 = .26, thats if you did them in one hour. After the first hour, you pass about .02/hour, so well take off .02 * 5 or .1,
that leaves you with a bac of about .16.

You did about 1/2 case (+1) over a period of time, I dont think that would put you anywhere near a .45. By some standards, that is not an awful amount.

I dont mean to disagree with you, Laurie, and I would be interested in how you figure it out, just for my own curiosity.

Before I get shot by my distinguished and respected colleagues, I do agree with all that it still is a lot of booze, and could be a problem for you, that is up to you to determine.

I may have put too much though into the whole science. Over time, I began to know I was drinking way more than others, and not getting the fun out of it I used to. After a while (too long a while, IMHO), I too got sick & tired of being sick & tired. If it was one, or twenty, It all was getting to be too much.

I want to welcome you here, I have found many friends and lots of support, I hope you do too. And dont worry about what you post, if it is important to you, we will all try to help. Check out my post "question about consumption" I was new here, and I had to know what others where doing.

Steve
Old 04-03-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Steve to answer your question I got my info from experience on working with the Sheriff's dept in the Bat Mobile at Sobriety Check Points and working in the hospital emergency room.

We alkies metabolize alcohol differently than non alcoholic drinkers. That is why a man in Sacremento was stopped for DUI with a .52 blood alcohol. That would kill many people, but he was still driving and semi coherent.

All i was saying that yes .45 was definitely possible with 13 beers in a little over 6 hours. Obviously this person does drink a lot as he went to the effort to get a BAC calculator, ergo he probably still had alcohol in his system before starting the 13 beers.

Doesn't matter, .45 is possible and a person (alkie) still be standing. I personally went into alcoholic seizures at the hospital, my body craving more alcohol and my bac was .38.

It is a horrible, incideous disease that can and does kill not only the user but innocent bystanders.

Slyguy I hope you find whatever you are looking for. We are here if you choose to try to abstain.

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hello there, im new to this, i am trying my best to recover from crack cocaine anyone been there?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i dont know how to use this thing
Old 04-03-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

is there anybody out there?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I've seen the calculations that Steve used as a standard example in the drinking driver programs.

I've also gotten a call to come pick up a friend who they would notrelease from teh emergency room be cause he ad a .41 BAC and they wanted someone to be responsible for his safe transport. He hadn't broken any laws, was just curious and went of to have his dlood checked.

The guy was as coherant as I was, so I can vouch for throwing standard examples out the window.

I was picked up in my last DWI in 1991' ( my 3rd one a predicate felony) and exactly 1hr later I had a bac of .13 ...that was 2 beers and 6 shots, one of the beers was consumed in the hour prior to the shots, which were in a mixed drink.

Vince, I know about the not seeming to be able to stop drinking. I just couldn't quite figure it out on my own, I finally decided to go to AA after I had nearly lost everything, and itstill took me a few tries to figure out how to stay out of places and avoid people that tempted me to drink for a while.

That DWI was 15 years ago it was my 3rd in 11 years and I just picked up a coin in Feb for 15 years clean.

If I can do it ( with a little help ) so can anyone. If you want to quit there are methods you can learn to get and stay sober..
Old 04-03-2006, 11:11 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Punkin ..

your using it just fine.. maybe you could go back up to the top and start a new thread to introduce yorself. Just click on the link that says newcomers to recovery at the top of the page, then select "new thread" when the page loads.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Duh!

Just when I thought I had it down to a science. I cant argue with experience, Laurie. Seems the more I learn, the worse gets. Thanks for the explanations, I guess any way you measure it, you cant make that much drinking look OK...

Steve
Old 04-16-2006, 08:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My God,

I finaly read all the responce to a old post and am overwelllemd,Sr I read daily but must have missed a week here on a binge.I cant belive the love and help that is here.
Thanks all.
Vince