Notices

I'm not doing so good

Old 03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not doing so good

I just need to talk. I'm really struggling. I don't know if anyone remembers me from any of my posts but I feel like such an Idiot even posting right now because I keep posting and asking for help and the people who have always replied to my posts before had such words of wisdom. I don't know where else to go. I already feel as if my life is lost and I'm grabbing for straws (actually any signs of keeping life).

Theresa
Old 03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Theresa,

I remember you and you are absolutely in the right place. I know how hard it is to get through this and how hard it is to even get started. That's why we're here at SR. It's a place for you to come to express your concerns and let us know how you're doing.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((Theresa))))))))))) Been there my friend! This place saved my butt more times than a little! I am glad you posted. Yep...so mnay posted such wise and wonderful thinsg to me...yet I could not 'get it'......I never thought I would 'get it'! But I have....and you can too....

keep posting...we understand, and we care!

(((((((((((Huge Comforting Hugs)))))))))))
Old 03-29-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are amongst friends and fellowship.
How can we help?
Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh yes, bymyself, I just backtracked to read your previous "Please help...". Struggling, and seeking, searching for direction. Right with you here, in reaching to connect, it does seem like this connection is a lifeline to sanity, reminding us that we're not alone. Just the knowing others are here keeps us THINKING about recovery, moving in that direction. Keep listening, keep thinking, reading. You know we're here. Grateful you're here too. Life is not lost, tomorrow is a new day...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh yes, bymyself, I just backtracked to read your previous "Please help...". Struggling, and seeking, searching for direction. Right with you here, in reaching to connect, it does seem like this connection is a lifeline to sanity, reminding us that we're not alone. Just the knowing others are here keeps us THINKING about recovery, moving in that direction. Keep listening, keep thinking, reading. You know we're here. Grateful you're here too. Life is not lost, tomorrow is a new day...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I drank tonight and I don't want to live life like this anymore. I use to be such a beautiful, vibrant, determined person that loved life. WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!. ((CRYING))!!!.. I was always able to handle things in life. I had my first drink at 12. I found my neighbor dead of suicide when I was 15. There is soooooo much more but I'm not going to pity myself. This is life and it REALLY sucks..

Theresa
Old 03-29-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((((((Theresa))))))))))))))) Thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Hey!! You are really NOT byyourself..many of us struggle too...if we don't stuggle...if this was easy, there would be no need for support in recovery...it is very hard sometimes to feel like we can turn this around but I see others doing it and I know you can too...Post away and let it out...northbelle
Old 03-29-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Hey bymyself You are in the right place.

I can't imagine finding someone who took their own life. I can't imagine how I would be able to handle something like that at 40 let alone at the age of 15. I do know it would do a number on my head. I'm sorry you went through that... it must have been aweful. ~hugs~

It is okay you know... the uncertainty and fears you are experiencing. The guilt is your own body's way of sending you alarms that something is not good within you. The fact that you are here says to me that somewhere inside of you that you want to find a different way of living. So it's okay for you to be feeling guilty as it's driving you forward to seek out help and healing.

You will get a lot of good advice here so stick around and keep posting!

Suga
Old 03-29-2006, 06:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

theresa--
we are here 24/7--i know your pain well--keep posting-
Laura
Old 03-29-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Smile Your Friends Are Here For You

Hi Theresa. I'm Sharon and I'm an Alcoholic. Glad ur here. I'm not familiar with ur story or where u r in ur recovery. Like all of us, we come here to share our experiences, strengths and hopes with each other. All that is is sharing what it was like when u were drinking or drugging, what happened when u got clean and sober and what ur life is like now in recovery. We all have gotten in recovery some way or another. For me it was thru family intervention after alcohol stopped working for me. It was no longer my friend. I got into a bad car accident in Feb 90, healed in 3 months then the progression of alcoholism was so quick that in Aug, 90 i tried to end my pain with taking pain pills. This is where I hit my bottom. Then my family stepped in and did for me what i couldn't do for myself. They then senT me to Rehab to learn how to stay sober. That was 15 yrs. ago. Sometimes this works for people and sometimes not. For me, it worked because I wanted it bad enough. It was the Willingness to go to any lengths to stay sober. I also had the desire to stop. The first 3 steps we take in recoverY is first to Admit we have a drinking or drug problem. Second, is to Accept it. Then 3rd is to believe in a Power greater than ourselves that could restore us to sanity. There are many suggestions we hear in AA and one is maybe to try 90 meetings in 90 days. If u go to everyone of those meetings, I am positive you will pick up something that will help u stay strong and keep you on the path. Find u a sponsor to help u. Someone to call when things r going good for u or bad. Someone to encourage u to go to meetings or even go with u. Bring some cookies to the meeting. You will be amazed at how many people want to be ur friend if u feed them. lol Honest....That will get u out of urself for awhile to help others. Give it a try. Then at night say Thank u for keeping u sober and Please in the morning to help u stay sober for the day. It works if u work it. : ) Love and care.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Theresa--Just wanted to let you know I am sending many positive thoughts and prayers for recovery your way. Hang in there, hon'.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Thinking of you, Theresa. Hope you're resting and will get right back on the wagon in the morning. I'm proud of you for reaching out like you did. Are you in a 12-step program? Do you have any face-to-face support? We're here for you, any time you need us. What can we do to help?

Take care.

Kelly
Old 03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Theresa,

Dont ever worry about posting here, we're all here to help each other.

Whatever is wrong in your life CAN be fixed. Sometimes it seems like there is no way out, but you would be suprised how far faith, hope and prayer will get you.

I hope you stick around, and talk to us often.

Best Wishes,
Steve
Old 03-30-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'll be sending good thoughts your way, Theresa, you're not alone, remember that.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((Theresa))) Keep posting!
Old 03-30-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. I have never felt such a caring feeling from people I have never even met. You don't know what reading all your replies do for me. Today is a new day. I feel real depressed but I know that goes along with drinking the night before. I think the best thing for me is to start going to AA meetings on a regular basis. I really need support. I can't do this on my own. I learn so much from reading all your stories of how alcohol/drugs effected your lives and how you became sober, it really gives me hope that one day that will be me and I hope I'm able to give encouraging support to someone that may need it one day.

Thank you and God Bless you all. I will keep posting on my progress.

Theresa
Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm right here with you and you are never alone in this. I drank yesterday then dragged myself to an AA meeting. I was so upset. We need to stick together and get through this.