Notices

Wonder how long it will take.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Wonder how long it will take.

Hi, Thanks to all of you who shared yor stories it gave me alot of insight and ideas on how to help myself through this. I was on Xanax for 15 year for panic attacks , 5 Xanax a day (1 mg) that's alot of Xanax all these years I decided I wanted to get off the yoyo feeling I felt while I was on Xanax my body always wanted more because I became so used to it. I weaned myself off it for the last 4 months I took Klonopin to help me wean off the Xanax now I weaning myself off Klonopin. I take 1/5 Knonopin 3 time a day. I wanted to ask if anyone ever had like hot flashs throughout the body or. feeling like a wave of electicity through your body I have that at least 25 times a day, not a good feeling. I took my last Xanax March 12, 2006 so it's only been 15 days. How long do you think this will last.
Thanks for any information.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shay,

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but from what I've learned here, 15 days might not be long enough for physical symptoms to disappear.

Hopefully someone will be along who can help you with this.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna
... but from what I've learned here, 15 days might not be long enough for physical symptoms to disappear.
Very True! Please see your doctor and do this with medical supervision. Benzos can be dangerous if withdrawn from too quickly.

Best of luck to you and welcome to SR.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for replying, I'm under the care of a Docter and it seems like they just want to give you more drugs to get off drugs. But I'm sure the electric shocks I feel will go away soon. I just ignore them, have a great day everyone.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

This is from the Klonopin web stie.

DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE: Withdrawal symptoms, similar in character to those noted with barbiturates and alcohol (e.g., convulsions, psychosis,, hallucinations, behavioral disorder, tremor, abdominal and muscle cramps) have occurred following abrupt discontinuance of clonazepam. The more severe withdrawal symptoms have usually been limited to those patients who received excessive doses over an extended period of time. Generally milder withdrawal symptoms (e.g., dysphoria and insomnia) have been reported following abrupt discontinuance of benzodiazepines taken continuously at therapeutic levels for several months. Consequently, after extended therapy, abrupt discontinuation should generally be avoided and a gradual dosage tapering schedule followed. Addiction-prone individuals (such as drug addicts or alcoholics) should be under careful surveillance when receiving clonazepam or other psychotropic agents because of the predisposition of such patients to habituation and dependence.