Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

My husband has decided to quit and I am looking for some answers about some ?'s I hav

Notices

My husband has decided to quit and I am looking for some answers about some ?'s I hav

Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband has made the first step by admitting to me what his problem is and deciding he wants and needs a better life. He has chosen to clean himself up and stay away from drugs. He was addicted to crack cocaine for about 6 months now.

My question to you all is this: How long does this stuff (crack cocaine) stay in a person's body/system? He went for a job interview and he didnt pass the drug test.

We really thought his body was cleaned out. He's been clean now for 2 full weeks.

Any advice or input? Please I desperately need some help.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi shimmer and welcome. It takes a month at least till crack is out of the blood or urine they test. Getting it out of your head is much harder. Your husband will need encouragement, support and love. He'll need to take his mind off drugs so you should try and get him interested in something, anything, that will take up his time and engage his brain in thoughts of anything besides crack. My home group has a sign that reads "an alcoholic alone is in his worst company'. That principle applies to addicts of every description. Keep him occupied and busy and well loved and both your rewards will astound you.
If he's not in a support group he should be. He should have a sponsor. It will take up his time, occupy his mind and help him stay sober. You'll both be in my prayers.
God bless
Old 03-28-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Shimmer,

I would second that and say he really needs a support group. Crack is incredibly addictive and he needs to be able to connect with those who know what it feels like to go through what he is going through.

My hopes and prayers are with you.

ChrisMan