Notices

hey

Old 03-27-2006, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey

hey my name sara witch you can kind of tell i guess im 18 well im 17 but i turn 18 on wednessday im not here beause of any thing to bad im not adicted to anything that is hard drug but i take sleeping pills all the time and also do pot and drink so im not sure i belong at a site thats for people who are into really bad drugs but this site is the only one i really found and i think maybe i do things for the wrong reason most times it b/c im bord and need entrtanment but other time its because im upset and want sotmhin to make me feel better my life isnt too bad really im really well off my dad makes a lot of money and i have a nice house in a nice neborhood and a nice town and a pretty okay family not perfect but ok but some other times even though i have good stuff i get down on the fact that i think im ugly or that i think im not smart or that ive never kissed a guy and when i drink a lot or am high from pot i feel good about myself nad i never really feel good about me so its nice to when i do drink or whatever im alwys the quite girl but not when i have confedance from being "drunk' (i woodnt say ive been drunk really more tipsy) or some thing so i know compred to every body else i hav it real easy and when i say i drink i do mean i drink a lot i drink very rare i only have a few times and i dont think ive ever been ver very drunk before but ive been a lil tipsy but ntohing to huge
Old 03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oops - double post...
Old 03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sara,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.

One of the best things you can do for yourself is to learn more about addiction, sleeping pills and pot. We have loads of information here and you can learn a lot by reading around the forums.

If you're interested there is a recovery site for teens:
http://www.soberteensonline.com/

But, of course, you're more than welcome to post here and I hope you continue to visit.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Hey sara

I know what your saying. I thought i got confidence from the bottle, too. And smoking to make myself feel better, also. Alcolhol and drug addiction really had to drag me down, from occasional, casual use , like you at your age, to problems with the law, rehab, hospitals, through embarassment and blackouts, through serious depression and isolation, etc. 20 year with the problem getting worse, and me in denial. I could tell you stories that would make you really think about what your doin. I really wish young people would beleive it when they here such messagers as drugs are bad. Alcoholism kills innocent people. The fact that your sharing (good for you -honesty) that you use to help you feel better - THATS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTED WITH ME, coming down - i didnt feel better, I felt worse, so I used more. I was a constant pothead at your age. I kind of grew out of it, then began drinkin regularly at the bars when i was old enough.. Then the pot use kicked in stronger, eventually got into other stuff. I KNOW - to this day, that if i so much as take one beer, or smoke some dope - Im started back on a progression to the hard drugs, and way down from there...Quickly. If you have problems in your life that you are using to avoid, that can be the begining of big problems that you just wont want to face straight. Addiction is progressive. It gets worse... Im doing better now, clean and sober for 22 months, thanks to jail, rehab, almost going insane because i couldnt stop. AA and NA work, if you ever need help to quit and stay quit - get yourself to those meetings... You brought out the rambleing in me. Its just that kind of day, i have to face $hit w/ out using... Im so much better off, lucky to have survived, also.

Welcome to sr - stick around and read what people are going through with quitting, and staying clean... Its some time well spent. Oh, and have a dancing bananna...

be well -

Aaron
Old 03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Sara--Welcome to SR. Glad you found us. You know, I was a lot like you when I was your age. (I am now 35) I drank, smoked pot, and took the occasional pill because I generally felt pretty bad about myself and the drugs made me feel better. It sounds like you aren't really experiencing any major consequences from your use yet, but you could start experiencing them if you don't do something about it soon. Anna posted a link to a great site for young people just like you who are trying to live life without the use of drugs. I hope you will check it out! I also hope you will keep checking in here and let us know how you are doing!

Hang in there!