Notices

New to the site

Old 03-19-2006, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the site

Just like to say that I am an al-non member of roughly 2 months. I have had a few relapses, but I am ready to begin a life of serenity. I was in a relationship of on again off again for 6 years. He was an alcoholic/drug addict and we have a 7 year old daughter together. He has not been in my life for 4 years.. but I am am just now dealing with the problems that I have not overcome by being in that relationship. I am currently in a relationship with a wonderful person who has been sober for 7 years and he works his program. We are recently seperated for a six month period and we are working on our own problems seperatly. I have ignored some of the problems that I have had with my past relationship... and now they are hitting me head on. I have been going to some meetings and I am ready to commit to this and work through my problems with some people who understand what I am going through. Thanks for listening Carebear06
Old 03-19-2006, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Carebear06. Glad you found us!!

We have two wonderful forums here - Friends and Family and Naranon - filled with people who know what it's like because they've been there. You'll find lots of informationa and support there. I suggest you post there. You'll get many, many helpful replies.

Hang in there and keep posting, ok?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Carebear06
I have ignored some of the problems that I have had with my past relationship... and now they are hitting me head on.
Welcome to SR Carebear and we are glad that your here that is for sure. Yep we have a few good forums here that will really help you. You know the reason that I high lighted what I did, is because relationships are hard for any of us, especially alcoholics and addicts. Of course they are really hard for anyone. I just relapsed and now am back on the path of recovery. I can tell you the reason that I did relapse is because on step 4 I didn't put down anything on sex/relationships in it. Well I paid the price for that, but today I have learned from it and I too am ready to meet them head on. Good luck and sending lots of positive, good thoughts your way.

Love Vic
Old 03-19-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Being Positive is all I got right now

Thanks for the positive thoughts and comments. I wish you the best in your recovery... keep your head held high.

Carrie
Old 03-19-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Carebear06
Thanks for the positive thoughts and comments. I wish you the best in your recovery... keep your head held high. Carrie
Thanks Carrie and I will I have I think what is called a spiritual awakening, I am just in awe...

Love Vic