What gives them the right?!!

Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What gives them the right?!!

Ok..I've been away from my CH for 7 months now. Shouldn't I be OVER this by now?
If it weren't for my own codie self calling him every once in awhile to check up, I'd never hear from him again..
What I'm struggling with is WHAT GIVES THESE PEOPLE THE RIGHT???
The ones who have been through nothing traumatic, have mommy or daddy to take care and enable their every need... How can they be soooooo arrogant and selfish?
"I don't want to use, but when I was little my older brother locked me in the closet for two minutes" THAT's your excuse? THAT's your hardship?? What about those of us who have really been through horrible things and have never hurt other people or numbed our REAL pain with drugs??
And here's my latest thought...

Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

They have the right to be idiots and we have the right to leave them! I understand what you are saying as I have known people with far worse troubles than my AH has seen and they have not turned to drugs and alcohol to escape pain. It all depends on the strength of the person, moral fiber and basic coping skills. It takes a great one to turn life's tragedies into triumphs. To me, strutting around through life like the whole world owes you something is one of the biggest character flaws anyone can have. For some reason, I'd say this character trait can be found in about 90% of all addicts/alcoholics- most of the ones I've known anyway.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by outofthedark2
WHAT GIVES THESE PEOPLE THE RIGHT???
I guess if killing yourself one drink or one drug at a time is a right that you want, you would have a reason to get upset about it.

I understand your frustration. It can be very frustrating when you do what is right and see others "seem" to get things they don't work for.
Thing is though, at days end, I can sleep because I did what I should today.
My side of the street is clean and I will let others take care of their side...It's not my job.
Count your blessings and look at what you have rather then what others look like they are getting.

gee I only have a hamburger and that guy has steak. thing is though, my hamburger is fresh...his steak will make him sick. All things are not what they look to be.