Notices

Intervention

Old 03-14-2006, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intervention

Hey ya'll

Did anyone catch intervention this week? Very powerful. Awesome episode. What did you think?

What tripped me out is how the one guy was addicted to the ritual moreso than the drug (or as much, I should say) so he would run saline or whatever into his vains to see the blood in the needle.

Why are we so sick?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Why are we so sick?
We get sick because we walk away from who we are...either we never knew or we forget that we are precious and that we are also powerful no matter what we do with our power. Where the attention goes the power flows...
Old 03-14-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Splendra,

You always uplift me!

I love reading your posts. I do agree, we get sick by what we do or do not nourish ourselves with: food, thoughts, ideas, emotions, even scenery, enviornments etc.

Its a good thing, because we always have choice. Whether we turn it toward higher things or not...that is the question
Old 03-14-2006, 12:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I didn't see it, but I remember how scared I was the first time I did a line, I thought my eyeball was going to pop out! and then a minute later, I got
addicted to the burn......

It's crazy. I am 17 weeks clean and I still miss that burn..... It hurt! But I
miss that so much.....

I think what we get addicted to is the whatever is may be is sending a message to our brains that it's going to be happy next.....

There's a crack addict and a cutter on an Oprah repeat today, it's pretty good.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Darn I missed it last night. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed watching it. I can see myself in every addict on the show. I feel so luck that my low was not near as low as many I see on there. So many of them have such horrible/wonderful enablers. I'm so lucky I didn't. I know I could or could have ended up like many of them. I can see myself in so many of them.

By the way DWI - I'm so glad you're sober today. I always follow your posts. You are a great inspiration.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

By the way DWI - I'm so glad you're sober today. I always follow your posts. You are a great inspiration.
Thanks girl!!! Today was a great day for me to hear that. It's been rough lately!
But 17 weeks, and still going, No matter what! lol, funny how we are usually attracted to the same posts, I always read yours too! lol

Sorry, Beachbabe, didnt mean to hijack your thread! ;-)
Did you throw those pills away yet? I just had to shred another bag
of meth I found...
Old 03-14-2006, 01:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Losing control is the worst part about the meth..it is devastating. I knew better with my addictive personality. Again we like it so much that we believe that we can still entertain the thought of being able to control it before it controlls us. I did not use meth for 15 years and one day got ahold of some and POWWWWWWWW. Guess what.
2 years wrecked everything I worked for and loved. People like us must have something to do at all times ...Being productive and creative all the time to satisfy . or we get off track so easy. Its been 2 years now clean and sober and am back on my feet moving forward again. Why at my age I still want to run with the devil is beyond me . But I do like where Im at and will continue .
Old 03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Why are we so sick?
Beachbabe -- I'd like to know the answer to this too. Why are we like this? Why doesn't everyone become addicted? Why....Why....Why.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

People like us must have something to do at all times ...Being productive and creative all the time to satisfy . or we get off track so easy. Its been 2 years now clean and sober and am back on my feet moving forward again. Why at my age I still want to run with the devil is beyond me . But I do like where Im at and will continue .
OH man!!! That is SOO true!!!!!!! If I'm not being creative or productive, I go crazy..... and the craving comes back....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Why are we so sick? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Beachbabe -- I'd like to know the answer to this too. Why are we like this? Why doesn't everyone become addicted? Why....Why....Why.

I read some interesting stuff last night about how our ancestors used certain drugs from plants or whatever. They used them for so long, that for some of us, it Is in our genes, and it's why it is harder for some to not use. For some of us, our body will always crave it, because it thinks it needs it, others weren't passed down the same genes.

I don't know if it's true or not, I wish I would have copied the article down.
But it made sense, and I've never heard it explained like that.<!-- / message -->
Old 03-14-2006, 02:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That show is awesome. It has saved many. One girl was like me... a vicoden addict and she would take at least 30 daily. She wasnt open to an intervention but went anyway. She got booted for scoring while at the facility.

I still think about her. How she is. She either got better or buried.

When I was struggling I use to say that to myself alot: Its either beat this and get better or lose and get buried... then I'd pray for 12 more hours.

Thank God that part is behind most of us. Withdrawal alone has been enough (thus far) to keep me clean. I was sooooo sick for so long. Just happened to have contracted phemonia while in withdrawal and just thought it was w/d/.

By the time I got to the hospital (day 16 of what I thought was withdrawal) I was ate up with infection from head to toe.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I forgot what is this on again? A & E?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Yup, it's on A&E.

Here's the site:
http://www.aetv.com/intervention/
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'll be so glad to hit 90 days so I can put one of those dancing girls in my signature. Reminds me of me before I was ever sick.

Thats always been my '90 day chip' is adding the dancing girl.