Notices

2 years and running

Old 03-13-2006, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 years and running

I'm new here and really did'nt know where to post my arrival and introduction,
so I decided to start here........ I've been reading alot of your posts
and I have to tell the newbies that you may have found the mother lode for support here.. I wish I knew about it alittle sooner. 2 years ago I lost it all
and decided to get straight and sober....when I did that.... my significant
other decided to go too ...I have found it relatively tough at times to maintain
but I just have to give thought to all I lost due to addictions ....And presto.
I don't ever want to go through that again. But people like us don't have it that easy . So I just wanted to stop by and say hello to all of you. And I will hang around here as I grow more comfortable with getting to know some of you and will warm up alittle with time.

Good luck to the young guns............
Old 03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there King Welcome to SR

Post a little more about you , I am Lee and I am an Alcoholic. I am sure we will get to know you better as time goes on, please post often

HUGX
Lee
Old 03-13-2006, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi King,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us here at SR. There is lots of support and encouragment here. Congratulations on 2 yrs sober and you're right, it isn't easy. That's why I keep coming back here.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, Kingcompulsive, maybe you can give me some advice-this was my 6th dat without alcohol until my husband came home with a 2 beers for me, so I drank them, then went back to the store and got three more-he thinks if I drink in moderation it is ok-what should I do?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you dont pick up the first drink.....you cant get drunk.

Regardless of who brought it

Lee
Old 03-14-2006, 01:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Hey, wanted to welcome you, and see how you were doing?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR Mr. Kingcompulsive!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Needtobesober
The problem with drinking in moderation ...... If you are an alcoholic, most often this is not going to work for you. Nor does it work for most alcoholics. This is on of the biggest problems we face . we want to be able to say we can control it like the non-alcohlic. Shame on your Husband for not giving you the support you need to quit. I've been there with my ex-wife. ""oh come on honey just for a few" Well Dear it just don't work like that. The fact that you went back for more should be your tell tail sign that it is not easy ....is it ?? once I began it never stopped untill I had my share
which humorously was enough for 5 people. you had six days ..now forget it and start over , say no! go for 2 days.... say no! go for 3 days... soon with the the best of hope it does become a little easier.. each day begins the new habit. Always no
matter what .... divert your attention to something else , leave the house go for a
walk call a supporter or good friend . or a sponsor if you have one.
You seem to understand your need to want to stop... this is the big one If you realize now that you do not want to drink anymore . than you have the power to turn away from even the one's that love and just say NO. Be the leader here.. not the follower.
talk to me more and ask anything you like . I'll do my best to help you any way I can.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

King
Be the leader here.. not the follower.
That's good stuff King. I'm glad you are here.

Needtobesober
he thinks if I drink in moderation it is ok-what should I do?
I think you know what you should do. I think you do. Also, you asked this question in another thread. There are lots of responses to you. Check it out:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tml#post853681
Old 03-14-2006, 01:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi King,

Althought I am relatively new here myself, I want to join the gang and welcome you. I have been coming every day since joining, and have found a great site full of caring friends.

Stick around, and post often. I'm sure you have a lot to offer us. For most of us, 2 years makes you a God (not to take anything away from the fine folks who have 10 & 20+ years, but two years seems remotely obtainable right now, 10 or 20, well, we'll see for me!)

Steve
Old 03-15-2006, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another amongst the relatively new here, I found this site one month ago and have been visiting here every day since. It's a healthy CONNECTED alternative to being alone. Every day the thought crosses my mind that I can continue to use and make it work. Meanwhile venturing ever-further far afield, distancing myself from everyone. Ironic thing about social recreational use, how it serves to create ever-more distance between the user and social interaction/ relationships. Threatens to take it all away! I so appreciate the good, understanding people I'm discovering here at SR. Gives me hope...
Old 03-15-2006, 09:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Welcome, King! Thanks for sharing your sobriety with us. My name is Laura and I am an alcoholic. I also have just a little over two years. Hope you will stick around and help us help the newcomers! You also might like to check out the Alcoholism and AA forums on this board. Don't be a stranger!!!