Notices

RE: AA Houston/Louisiana Hello

Old 03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile RE: AA Houston/Louisiana Hello

Hi, I'm Sharon and I'm an Alcoholic. It's been awhile since i've posted here. I post awhile, read, leave and come back. Like going to different f2f meeting, I poped into a new AA site yesterday. I will however stay here to read and share my ESH with u as well as there. So, I'm not gone for good and hopefully not forgotten. I need u guys for strength, hope and wisdom along with my Higher Power. I did read a share from a member here wondering how long it takes for alcohol to get out of ones system. Well, for me, I was in Rehab for 28 days going thru, withdrawals or detoxing. With physical exercise, walking, fresh air, proper nutrition, theraphy, in group sessions.....and everything else they thru at me, I left there with no alcohol in my system. Was i cured from Alcoholism ??? NOPE. And never will be. I was told to take care of my alcohol issues first, by going to meetings, getting a sponsor, working the steps, doing service work, praying etc....then if I was still having other problems with depression, anxiety and such, then go seek help from a qualified physician. After 13, 14 yrs. sober, i could tell there was something else wrong with me. Depression, anxiety.....All these years I was afraid to seek medical help because i didnt want to take medicine. Last yr. i seek the help suggested and now I wonder if I could have avoided some of my chemical imbalance behavior before now. Women go thru so much with child bearing years, mood swings, chemical imbalances, hormonal changes.....It's the way our systems r made. Seeking the proper help needed is available to anyone willing to live a happier, healthier, sober life. Today, im a little bite better than before. As long as I put FIRST THINGS FIRST, KEEPING IT SIMPLE, TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME, taking care of H.A.L.T. (hunger, anger, loneliness, and tired) and most of all, to continue to turn my will and life over to the care of my HP as i understand Him, then im learning to live my life to the fullest. And on that note, i will end here.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sharon,

I emailed you that I had to remove your links.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile Opps....

Yes Maam. I checked my posts. Sorry about that. I will be cautious next time. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction. AA friend, Sharon