Notices

A month or so

Old 03-12-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A month or so

Well, it's been about a month since I quit drinking (a month and a half if you include my two weeks of tapering off to nothing). I'm changing myself from the inside out and I wanted to say how wonderful life has been.

I haven't had any cravings to drink, although once or twice that old addictive behaviour tried to convince me that one drink would be okay. I simply pushed the thought away and reminded myself of the withdrawal hell I went through even tapering off! I reminded myself of the wonderful family I have both in my husband and daughter and also in my Grove (I belong to a neo-pagan grove in my area when we are living here). I'm feeling the goddess strength within me grow stronger every day. I've completed an herbal cleansing. We moved back from Canada last week (our stuff is still in transit). We're living in a hotel right now until our furniture, etc. get here this next week. Hubby got a promotion and a pay raise to come home. Assuming this is a permanent change in his job, it'll be the first time in over 7 years that we'll be home for more than 6 months - before we were always moving from one country to the next every year or two, back home in between. It'll be good to my recovery to be in one place for a while.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello again and that this past month of sobriety has been awesome and I'm really looking forward to every day sober.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hey naturelover--Thanks so much for sharing your recovery with us. A month is awesome! Any day an alcoholic doesn't drink is a miracle. Keep on keepin' on!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go in your recovery.Jest remember the craving will come eventually and that if you have the suport from your group and family and you know the signs you be one step closer to fighting the urges.So good luck in your recovery and i wish you another 24 hrs