What my sister said....

Old 03-04-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What my sister said....

My step sister called today. She said that G was driving by as she was walking and gave her a ride. She told me that he was half lit (drunk) and had an open can (of beer)....and that he was headed home.

I started shaking....She said she asked him if he talked to me. She told me it was the typical response..."******* her." I told her I'd have to remember that the next time he asks me for something, and I said that he's probably having the time of his life right now.

She said that he actually looked a little pathetic....I just said, "Yeah, but that's his choice."

I did not call him.

so...do you think I should let his boss know that G is driving one of his trucks around drunk? I mean, his boss let him use it so G could see his kids, run his errands, get food (this is what G told him), but G's been using it to drive people around to get money, and do his own drinking. Do you think his boss has the right to know? Or do you think I should stay out of it and let what happens happen? I'm leaning toward the latter, but morally, I'm thinking of the first one.

No.....if I stay out of it and let what happens happen, then I won't open myself up to more guilt or blame. I decided....I'm going to stay out of it.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
brightlight

That is a hard one. I have thought of it too and I am not sure. I have never turned him in yet for drinking and driving, but he has cut most of it out or when he does it I do not know until the truck is parked. I would hate to hear he hit somebody and I could have stopped it. One time I was driving the truck and he wanted it because he was at the bar and wanted to take this other guy for a ride and I would not bring him the truck. He said I had 5 minutes to get there or he was calling the police and reporting it stolen. It was so funny hearing him get so mad because he could not have that truck. He would call and ask if I was bringing it and I told him no that I was driving to the police station to turn myself in and see if a wife driving a truck that has her name on the insurance was against the law and that if it was then either I was not helping to pay for it and we would trade it for something in MY name or we would drive to the tag place and have it put in both names, but then I said forget that, you can keep this big truck payment in your own name and then I took the truck home and parked it and he came to get it and I threw the keys at him and they went over his head into the neighbors yard. He finally walked back to the bar. Always drama.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I vote with stay out of it... each one of us has opportunities to learn and grow. It sounds to me like both G and the boss have some learning to do. Don't get in the way... (((hugs)))
Old 03-04-2006, 11:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi jessica i would turn him in. why , well because 12 yrs ago i lost two uncles because i never turned them in for drinking. they had done it for yrs then on july 3 they went to a bar and i let them drive home. i still feel partly to blame not for their drinking but because i could have stopped it that night. it may havee happen another night but i should have taken the keys or at least called the police. thanks linda GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 03-05-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jessica: I don't know what to tell you (I guess I would try to stay out of it as much as I can........but if asked, I would surely not spare telling what I know.) Who knows....this situation might finally be the one that gets G.'s attention......heaven forbid you get in the middle of that!

My prayers are with you all.........G.'s HP is working, all does not seem to be going so great in his life..... You know that even more,now. Maybe that is all YOU needed to learn about this situation. Chances are it has been going on all along so try not to start worrying about it now because your sister actually SAW it this time. He is going to do what he is going to do, regardless. I am sorry that this is a burden for you, I understand. You are not drunk, so of course you can see that and all the potential ramifications. He's an alcoholic....it isn't on his radar screen and would just be one more "reason" to blame on you.

If you actually see him drunk behind the wheel,etc, call it in.

((Jess))
Old 03-05-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

I think I would stay out of it.
But why would your sister even consider getting in the car with him when he was like that?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mr. Christian
But why would your sister even consider getting in the car with him when he was like that?
I wondered that,too.....but I guess that is in HER court.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jessica,

My 2 cents worth. STAY OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!

Let him live his consequences of his actions and you work on you.

He has his own higher power you have yours.

What you legitimately have a moral obligation to do is keep things safe for your kids.

And you can do this WITHOUT ANY CONTACT with G.

Ngaire