Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support
Reload this Page >

Hi there i really need some help my brother is an iv drug user and i feel so hopeless

Notices

Hi there i really need some help my brother is an iv drug user and i feel so hopeless

Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi there is there anyone out there that is going threw the same thing as i am?i really need to find some support before i lose my mind?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, padro!! WELCOME to SoberRecovery!! You may want to check out the Nar-Anon forum here at SR. It's a great place to find the support you're looking for. Better yet, see if you can find some Nar-Anon meetings in your area. Maybe I can help you there. I'll have a look around. Keep posting!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Hi padro. I hope to see you at the Nar-Anon forum soon. My mother is the addict in my life.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

I couldn't find any Nar-Anon groups/meetings in Halifax on Google, but the phone book is a good place to look, too. Best wishes to you and your brother, padro!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 03-08-2006, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi there you guys thank you so much for even noticing my post i am seriously thinking about going to al-anon as i am a recovering alcoholic my self sober almost 5 years im thinking maybe i need to work a program for my own sanity i wonder will it help? i stopped drinking on my own i guess i was just sick and tired of being sick and tired ...i didnot drink every day but when i did i got violent always beating someone up and laying in bed sick for days later i feel so much better now but i always have a knot in my stomach when it comes to my brother i guess i have to realize i cant help him
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ive also went on the nar-anon forum i am so suprised of the response already whoo hoo now i feel there is hope for me my god to know and talk to other people that are going threw the same as i am oh i need this more then anyone knows i am also going to join a al-anon in my area next week thanks for looking for me eddie your a doll .i guess i just needed to reach out for support and my god ive found it with SR thank you all so much i will be on here as well i hope to make some friends on here aswell i am new to all of this so i a babble just let me know thanks again all of you xx
Old 03-11-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, padro! You're most welcome! I hope you stick around and make some friends. And feel free to babble all you like, too. We're here to listen.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sojourner

rule #1

dude theres only one thing anyone can do for an active user.........ready,,,,,,,,,take them to a detox facility....thats it

got it

do it

period....

Jester.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Padro,
Thanks for reaching out and asking for help. I noticed you said "im thinking maybe i need to work a program for my own sanity i wonder will it help?"

That's the answer to your problem. Remember you didn't cause your brother's addiction, you can't cure it, and you sure as heck can't control it. I've had to learn to deal with addictions in my own family, and the most important thing I've learned is to take care of myself, no matter what. It is only after I have taken care of and done what's best for me that I have any chance of helping someone else.

Hang in there.

Ben

"We live the way we live because of the way we live."
Old 04-02-2006, 11:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

mightyjester

i see you left a message for me about my brother about taking him to a detox ........well if you think for one minute that we havent already dont that your mistaken unfortunitly they can leave whenever they want and where we live the detox's here are a joke ...people that r in detox are only there because the courts ordered them to be or they will lose there kids or something else i have contacted Jeff VAnvonderen form the tv show intervention but we live in canada and its cost about 10 thousand dollars a month for detox in the u s unfortunitly i cant afford that and our medical does not pay for out of country medical
Old 04-05-2006, 03:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No expectations!

((((padro))))

Surely there are some good treatment centers somewhere in Canada. I may try to do some research for you, though if your brother is not willing to stay, there is probably not much you can do for him right now. Take care of yourself, too, OK?

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-05-2006, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My brother is also a IV drug user, I was a IV drug user. I know what it feels like to watch your brother losing control of his life. I am very close to my brother he's only 21 been using since he was 17. He's Overdosed 3 times and been put on a machine to breath for him before. You are not alone. I know it hurts but, when someone is in active use they are pretty hard to get thru to. If he's using heroin his emotions and attachments are going to be nearly totally gone.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
No expectations!

WELCOME to SR, Jen!!! And thank you for sharing, too!! :egg3

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-08-2006, 09:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hi there jen welcome to SR

Hi there jen thanks for the post the thing is my brother started using when he was 13 he just turned 35 on the 31st of march and not one of us even knows where he is at this point to send him a gift or even be able to call him and send a birthday wish ,,,,i find that soooooooooo sad his drug of choice is cocaine but however he will use diladuid or oxycottons and he bangs it all he has been on methadone for 3 yrs he takes 130ml a day and still uses heavily i know his heart is gonns explode soon there is no herion where we live Nova Scotia ,Canada but in vancouver theres lots othere side of Canada im sure the greedy drug dealers will have it here soon enough anyway there are facilities in canada but there cost about 8grand a month and i dont have it so i have to sit and wait until i get that call
Old 04-09-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No expectations!

(((((padro)))))

So sorry about your brother!! I will continue to keep you both in my prayers!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-09-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Eddie

Eddie Thank You So Much For The Prayers I Pray Everyday For Him My Mom Is Really In To The Church She Has Lots Of Faith She Needed To Have Faith In Something Or She Would Of Went Totally Crazy ..are You A Recovering Addict ? Tell Me A Bit About You ? What Brought U Here ? What Was /or Is Ur Drug Of Choice ? Are You Clean Now Or Using ? Just Curious Thats All...
Old 04-12-2006, 04:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
No expectations!

You're welcome again, padro!! Yes, I'm a recovering addict with a little over three years clean. I used pharmaceutical opiates IV. I came to SR looking for online NA meetings. I have been coming here for over 2 years now. I love it here!! Hope you are doing OK!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hi there eddie

hey ..how are ya doing eddie? what was it for you that made you wanna stop using ?and how do you remain clean today ?everyone one says the user has to hit rock bottom but what does that exactly mean ? as far as im concerned my brother has hit it several times !!! i wish i could duck tape him to a tree for one yr on a desertted island .. ya know what i dont understand !!!!!!!if i drank 8 pints of beer and went out in public stagering around ide be arressted and locked up for the night and charged but addiccts can walk the streets for day stealing everything in site hurting inocent people and the police do nothing as they slowly kill them selves i just dont get it :bun5
Old 04-14-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by padro
hey ..how are ya doing eddie? what was it for you that made you wanna stop using ?and how do you remain clean today ?everyone one says the user has to hit rock bottom but what does that exactly mean ?
I'm well, padro. Thank you for asking!! What made me want to stop using was that my life was miserable by the end of my using days. But I wanted to stop long before I actually did. My "bottom" was when I got caught stealing drugs from a place I worked and was facing jail/prison. Everyone's bottom is different, though. Rather than go to jail, I went off to treatment for a little over three months in another state.

How I stay clean is through the Program of Narcotics Anonymous— meetings, Steps, service, and fellowship. And there are other tools as well. I take a number of medications prescribed by a psychiatrist. I am closely monitored via random urine drug screens. I see a therapist. I am in a recovery network/program for persons in my particular profession and they also help hold me accountable.

Hope this helps!!
Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-18-2006, 10:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Eddie

well im so happy to hear you have seen the light ....my brother however is in bad bad shape someone told his x that he was walking around the roads talking to himself and i guess he got arressted thursday night for assault and when he got out the next day he beat the same guy up again he is so violent and i know its the coke thats doing it but he has always been violent i told my father to go get him next week and bring him to the detox here wheather he comes or not is to be seen at least when he dies my fther can say he tryed one last time