He just called me!!!

Old 01-19-2003, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

He just called me!!!

Oh how happy am I??? He sounded sooooo good! Get this, he friggin THANKED me for helping him get into the rehab center!! He said it's the best place he could be, that he didn't know how good being sober for so long could feel!! I just really hope he actually means it, and not just saying it because he knows it's what I want to hear. I'm still lonely, but no more than when he was out most of the night, and at least this time I know where he is and what he is doing!!! I want him here with me, but I want the man I fell in love with 2 years ago... is that being too selfish??

Julie
Old 01-19-2003, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

thats great julie

Hi
julie...thats so great to here...I only wish I could say the same ..so yes you should feel so exstatic...You can read my messages to hear my story...but yours is sounding great...I hope I come here one day with that story...but I highly doubt it at this point.
keep coming here and letting us know the progress.
Oh and in my previous letters thats all I have stated I want the man I fell in love with ...but he just isnt...my ex is just not happy with himself...not to say yours can not overcome and become...and no its not selfish to want the best out of life ...you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace
"When all we ever wanted was to live love and grow"
Robert Hunter
(lyricist for Grateful Dead)

Last edited by delight; 01-19-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Congratulations on your good news! Just take it one day at a time. Don't run ahead with what might happen, what could happen. One day at a time, one day at a time. With this disease, ONLY time will tell.

Hugs!
Old 01-20-2003, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

dear julie, so happy he called and treated you well. rehab can really help! now you work on your recovery so you can grow together.
let him do the work, and i'll pray for you and the family. hugs from sugar
Old 01-20-2003, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Julie,In no way are you being selfish.I'm very happy for you and the man in your life.Wishing you and your loved one a brighter future.He seems very sincere in his recovery,Stay strong and take care. ((Hugs))
Old 01-21-2003, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Julie

It does feel great doesnt it! My husband is also in rehab right now and he sounds and acts like the man I married. I have visited him in rehab and have read from the big book with him and have also watched some videos on family life. It really helps to go through with him what he is learning, because I am starting to understand somethings about myself too. He comes home in three days and I hope we are both ready to start our new journey together, but as he told me last night me just started to cover the thousands of miles we still need to travel together to make our lives better.

Good luck and I hope we can share the wonders of rehab with each other.

Judy