Notices

Hey, y'all!! It's been a while.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Question Hey, y'all!! It's been a while.

Sorry I haven't posted around here in a bit!!

I have finally finished writing the parts of the Ninth Step in the Step-working Guides up to the point where I actually have to start making my amends. I'm going to be meeting with my sponsor soon to go back over my 8th Step and plan my amends.

Alot of my amends have to do with my misbehavior in my work when I was still using. I stole alot of drugs and used at work, neglecting my duties. I have been through the legal system and had two hearings before my Board, plus I am back at work and doing well, so I know that I am making indirect amends to a certain extent. But I wonder about direct amends, particularly financial ones, that I might owe. I fear that if I try to make direct amends, I could get myself in more trouble.

Any experience, strength, and hope in this area would be immensely appreciated!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 02-28-2006, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Hi eddie! I'm glad you checked in here! Sounds like you're doing great. And I'm so proud of your recovery. I'm also worried about the financial amends that may/will be in my future. Lots of questions about it myself. I'm not there yet, so I'm not much help. I just wanted to say hello and to let you know I think you're doing great!

Keep doing what you're doing, cuz it looks great on ya!

~ Kelly ~
Old 02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Don't jump out of the car before it stops!!!!

We make amends direct when we can and when we can't make direct amends we make indirect amends, we still make amends. Don't beat yourself up about the financial amends, they'll be made when the time is right.
It will happen, patience is an important part here.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thank you, Kelly and Todd!! I AM proud; I confess. LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 03-06-2006, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well eddie I had court this morning and dodged a bullet today... No felony charges but a long 2 yrs ahead. I too stole narcs from my employer etc.. I am not sure what to say about financial amends. i would think the court/board would have established that. Sounds like you should really leave it up to them ???? i don't know though. I would hate for you to jepordize anything at this point. Your sponsor may have a better answer. You have taken great steps towards making amends..let it play out a little more it may not be an issue. to you yes but to your employer maybe not. I agree with godsonmyside practice patience. I have not gone before the board yet...what should I expect ? Is it worse than the judicial part ? I appreciate the insight. glad you posted I was wanting to talk to you. ~Beezy
Old 03-07-2006, 03:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Hey, Beezy!! Thank you for the update!! Bet you are relieved, huh? Did you get two years probation? I got deferred prosecution on three felony charges and had to do some community service and stay "straight" for a year, then the charges were expunged. If this is your first offense, maybe you can get something similar. I hope so.

As far as the Board hearing goes, to me it was FAR worse than court was. It was like having someone else read my 4th Step in front of a whole room full of people. I don't know how they do things in Missouri, though. Maybe yours will not be so bad. If you want to talk about it, just send me a PM anytime, OK?

I think I'm going to start a new thread here at NA because things are going to hell with regard to MY license again. Keep your eyes peeled!

Love and hugs,
Eddie