Notices

Secretary of Meeting!

Old 02-27-2006, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Secretary of Meeting!

Hi Family!

I just wanted to share how excited I am right now. I was voted in to be the new Thursday Night NA Meeting Secretary of my homegroup! Woo-hoo! I've never done this before, so I'm kinda nervous, but I've been going to the same group for almost nine months, so I know most of the members, and they're all really nice folks.

I'm a little nervous about "managing" the meeting, though. What happens if a couple members begin cross-talk? What should I do if someone's share is going on too long? I'd love to hear some suggestions or ideas about secretarying a meeting.

Thanks!

~ Kelly ~
Old 02-27-2006, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((Kelly))))

RIGHT ON that is wonderful, well I will tell you that your going to be a good secretary that is for sure . I am sure that NA has a pamphlet out on the responsibilities of GSR, Assistant GSR, Secretary, Treasure. So I would suggest that you ask one of your members there is they can point that out for you or you could probably Google it and come up with it also. Way to go.

Love Vic

SECRETARY-TREASURER (two year term)

Writes and distributes the Minutes of Chapter meetings to Midwest Representative, ARLIS/NA Headquarters, Editor of COLLAGE and Website Administrator.
Coordinates membership records.
Recruits and contacts new members.
Establishes and maintains the bank account of the Chapter.
Keeps the Chapter’s financial records.
Collects dues.
Signs checks.
Responsible for making periodic financial reports (at each Chapter meeting).
Sends reports of all Chapter meetings to editor of ARLIS/NA Update (Editor will notify when to do this).
Mails ballots for elections and bylaw amendments; tallies and reports results to membership.
Periodically (every few years) sends old issues of Collage and secretary/treasurer documents to ARLIS/NA archives.*
*Housed by Syracuse University. See arlisna.org/arlismembers/archives for guidelines.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Thanks Vic. You're a sweetheart.

Maybe "secretary" is the wrong word. Okay, when you go to another meeting and share your story, that's called "chairing the meeting" right? And when you are running the meeting, starting with "Welcome to the Monday night meeting of Narcotics Anonymous. My name is Kelly, I'm an addict and your Secretary ..." Ah-ha! Nevermind. I guess I just answered my own question there. Duh. Okay, so "secretary" IS the right word.

Anyway, I'm just really excited. It's neat to look back to the days when I was a terrified newcomer, sitting in the back. Now I'll be running the meeting. Thank God for NA! It's not only saved my life, but it's given me such a better life!