Notices

Frustrated again

Old 02-26-2006, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Frustrated again

Hi everyone,
I was only on here once about 2 week ago. I did get some encouragement from different people.
I guess I am having a bad day today. I have been trying to clean, cook and wash all at the same time which is nothing new but my husband was drunk at 5am and went back to bed and did not get up till noon only to go at it again. I have been helping my 17 year old grandson for a prom last night because his mom just had twins 5 days ago! My husband has been nothing but whining and complaining about stupid stupid stuff like putting his socks on inside out!! Normally I can handle it but today I feel like I am going to go off the deep end. Of course, as usual I am the B---H! and my poor husband has no one to talk to since I just want to be left alone at this point. I am giving him the silent treatment right now?
I guess I am looking for some more encouragement and I knew this would be the place to find it.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back to SR. I am glad you found a place for information and support for yourself.

I suggest that you post on the Friends and Family forum. There are lots of people there who can relate to your particular situation and give some hekpful suggestions.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rosebud,

I'm sorry for your situation and I hope you can find a way to take care of yourself.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Phinneas. I will try that.
Have a great day!!
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you 51anna. I usually do take care of me. Today is just not a good day.
My motto is grab your a-- and get glad again.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You cant let yourself get angry at him. We alcoholics feed off of that. He is still getting an emotional reaction out of you. To him,...that means he still has time to get loaded for a while until you really just dont care about him anymore. An emotional reaction shows emotions. Emotions show interest. Interest in the alcoholic still. Until thats gone......they wont stop. We alkies like the fights,....gives us something else to drink over. Heres a good phrase to think about.....

"I used to wrestle the pig in the mud all the time...
trying to stop him from BEING a pig,..,......

But all that I found was that I became dirty,.........................................
And the pig enjoyed it."
Old 02-27-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Rose,

Sorry about the grief in your life, we are here to listen, and try to offer words of encouragement. I think advice given is sound, take care of yourself first, and dont be dragged into his mess. I expect you to be angry, of course you are, here is your partner letting you down. But early bird is right, you are getting dragged in, and as long as you do, the game will go on.

Good luck and keep posting!

S