Notices

Have to go cold turkey, need some info:

Old 02-25-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
If I only knew what I know now

Question Have to go cold turkey, need some info:

OK, I will keep this short I have been using perc's now for a year, I sniff them and take them oraly by mouth, more I sniff than anything. how many in usualy day 1-2, so my last pill was at 3:pm to day how long before the withdrawls start? I do take Xanax 1 mg/4x/day and seroquel 75 mgs at night, I only take this seldom for sleep. all meds are legal I don't abuse, don't have an Rx for the opiates, my seller is dry, so this is why to be honest why I am doing the cold turkey I have no choice, I can't spreak to my primary care doctore he is against opiates if my leg was choped off, really he is that set against it. On xanax, seroquel oh and valium 10 mg 1/x/day all legal and have no addiction to these medication's.

Time clock~ when the drug starts to leave? when does the with -drawls start to hit and the most common symtoms, yet everyone is different.
Oh, and the worst part of what day? I heard it takes 3 days some I heard 5 and some I heard a week. No I don't have to be any where like work or school, just the hell I will endure

Than you,
Tammy

Last edited by zapper; 02-25-2006 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-25-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Tammy--Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. I don't have any personal experience with opiate withdrawal, but I know a lot of us do. I am sure some other folks will be along soon to answer some of your questions. I certainly wish you luck. Sounds like you have a lot of drugs in your life! I'll send some extra prayers your way.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Tammy, Welcome! I am tapering on an opiate as well...not going CT (clod turkey), so it's different for everyone. Did the SAME Dr. give you xanax & valium? Be careful, they are BOTH benzodiazapams...Benzo's are REALLY hard to w/d from. There are alot of people here that could advise you better than myself. Look for "Buzz Kilowatt'"s posts I think he's very knowledgable in the area of your MAIN QUESTION. I mainly wanted to tell you to be careful taking xanax & valium TOGETHER.... I've never sniffed my hydro's, just taken them orally; they have been prescribed to me for years...so I don't know about sniffing them.. but I'd just about bet somebody here does. withdraw: it all depends how much you were using, etc.....Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
If I only knew what I know now

Lightbulb

Hi,

No, I am on opiates that are not legal, I buy them off dealers, I have no Rx.
I have an Rx through my Psychiatrist that gives me Xanax, Seroquel and Valium, the Valium is only for a month to help me sleep, though it is not working, I have no desire to abuse these drugs. On Xanax I heard it is harder to get off than any drug and a person can die from detoxing on it cold turkey, this drug will kill a person, I urge all who are using this to please get off of it, taper of of it and get help ASAP, I have heard story's about people detoxing in the hospital, it is a mess, one reason why I can't get pro help I will "Loose" all my medication's... Opiates are my thing, my enemy, I'm at war with the pill that brought me heaven and now I will be in hell for a time for that is the price I will pay.

Drugs are not un common among my family nor old friends I used to hang out with, fact everyone in my family uses drugs, Drugs like cocaine, crack, herion and meth... we have two houses, one in my mothers name is clean the other my step father and that one is not clean, they are cleaning up for it it hot, I can't and not allowed to go near that house < long story>

BTW: I just got one loresette I will eat that tomorow and that will be it, to be honest with you if I came acros a Rx like 30 or more I will be tempted to get high, I will have to have my B/F hold them for me again...

Thanx,

Tammy

Last edited by zapper; 02-25-2006 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-26-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pill cold turkey is alot mental more than pysical, for the most part. I did it many times. STAY AWAY FROM THE METHADONE CLINIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swapped six months of pill popping for two and a half years of Methadone, and I kicked it cold turkey at over 150mgs. That was a **** storm. Hell, and that is not a lie. Im now on my sixth week of being clean. Freedom tastes too good to loose again. I looked at the first four weeks as a litteral bar fight, wich I was prone to enjoy at one time. But this one was THE hardest patch of crap I have ever delt with. If you can honestly sa your done with a damn pill running your life, then do it, and do whatever the hell you can to NEVER go down that road again. You will feel like crap for a week, then see the light at the end of the tunnel start to shine. Don't look back. Don't brag about it. Don't ponder on it. It will take some time to rewire your brain, and sleep is going to be a big factor in this. I went 17 days with nothing, till I had to go to the ER. Percs are one of the first rung on the opiate ladder. DO NOT GO HIGER OR YOU WILL REGRET THE LOSS OF YEARS GONE BY. More than already. I have a brother in rehab who was on OXy like it was going out of style. He is about 10 days behind me, and Im flying to see him tomarow night. Its a fight. Fight for a lifetime. Focus whatever the hell you can muster at it till your body eases up on you. Mine was anger. Worked great till it ran out. Finally had to look to a higher power, and I have to look back to see whos pushing me forward some times, now. Be strong, and stick it out.